Twenty Nine

" Come on now, dada is so excited to dry clean all of Mr.Lawrence's teaching out of you. Don't be fooled though, your old karate techniques weren't wrong, keep them." Flora said once Eli was done putting his new gi in his car. Daniel said it was better not to wear it for the first training.

" Right, " He sarcastically called, following after her. She was only in a pink shirt that reached her thighs, the rest of her legs were bare and that made his cheeks heat up a little bit. Her bleached blonde hair was in a braid. There were little handmade paper butterflies in her hair that she always randomly made, cause a few of the butterflies looked like cockroaches.

" Ah, Eli." Daniel excitedly began, as they reached the fences. There was a color bucket and paint brush in his hands and Eli had a hunch of what awaited him, " Ready for the lesson? "

He shrugged, " Yeah."

Daniel held out the paint brush towards him, " This lesson, we call it, paint the fence."

" Johnny would have came up with a more creative name, " Flora muttered to herself.

Eli grabbed the paint brush and waited for further instructions, but then he realized there weren't any. So according to the title of the lesson, he was supposed to repaint the shiny fences. The color was pastel blue, like many of Flora's dresses he remembered. He dipped the brush into the bucket and then made his brush's contact with the fence. The lesson, he assumed, was probably painting the fences as fast as possible, he wasn't sure, Demetri always complained about his one but never said what it was for or like.

" Alri-" Daniel tried to reach Eli but Flora was faster.

" Birdie, you are being worse than me when I did it for the first time, and I was 6." Flora stepped closer with a lazy smile, a hand on his shoulder. If he just embarrassed himself, he was ready to be buried.

" Erm...." He anxiously began.

" It's okay." She gave him a promising smile, browns piercing into blues. Her assurance made the horrified, embarrassed and clueless look disappear from his face. " Just don't be too aggressive with the brush, " Her hand released his shoulder and reached for his wrist. The touch was electric on his skin. Her hand on his as she moved their hands upward and downward, painting the fence in the perfect technique and velocity. Even though his heart long forgot it's velocity and was beating crazily, he could hear the beats, but he wouldn't be so sure, it could've been her heartbeats too.

" You just wanted to hold my hand," He whispered to her with a tiny smirk, accidentally his mouth got too close to her ear and Flora could feel his hot breath touch her face. It was like the damage never happened and nothing ever changed between them. Puzzle pieces back in their places. He was confident, but only because it was her he was next to. She always made him feel that way, confident on the outside, but inside he was freaking out from the butterflies effect and he was so nervous that he was feeling like his head was under water but just her touch was enough to make him breathe fine.

" Mastermind, aren't I?" She grinned, still guiding him. And a few seconds later she let go, " Paint the fence is about determination, like the tale of the rabbit and the turtle."

" Okay, got it sensei. " He mockingly said with a smirk.

Daniel was nowhere near them anymore. He was loudly giving Demetri a motivational speech on the sparring deck. That man probably thought, Flora was teaching him the right way or else he wouldn't have left.

" Stop being all charming if you want to be just friends and don't want me to push you against this fence and kiss the life out of you right now," Flora was flushed, her cheeks warm but her voice playful and firm, " Cause I do."