Twenty Four

The students of Miyagi-Do and Eagle fang were excited about Johnny and Daniel's rematch. They wanted to know which sensei was the most badass one as they gathered around the Okinawan fighting deck they had built together.

Flora was just exhausted. Karate never really excited her. It always seemed more fun to her when people were fighting without any techniques. She found pillow fights, and breaking wine bottles on the head cooler, but this wasn't one of her multi-genre movies. This was real life and she realized it was way more complicated than it seemed to be.

" How does mummy approve of any of this?" Flora frowned at it's absurdity as she sat beside Daniel on the sparring deck, " You and Johnny are supposed to be the best buddies! I know you went to school so long ago but didn't they teach In unity there is strength? " Her face was raw, and her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail.

" He is corrupting my students, Flo. " Daniel argued.

" That is so absurd" Flora exclaimed, like that is the most unreal thing in the world, as she gained the attention of some of the students of the dojo but when she looked back they started minding their own business again.

"Have you not seen how Sam's been acting these days?" He asked in exasperation.

Flora hang her head back in frustration as she let out a groan, " She is figuring herself out, give her some freedom, dada. Is it that difficult? "

" What...what he's teaching is the wrong style, Flora!" He declared. Like him saying it made it wrong and nothing else mattered, " I can't have Sam learning those evil techniques. "

" Evil? What is Johnny?" There was a pause, "Some worshiper of Satan, is he?" the girl scoffed, " The Valley is what? The next Shadyside?"

" I wouldn't be so shocked at that." Daniel muttered.

Chris was already recording the pre-fight scenario on his phone, as he held it with a selfie stick. When the lens were focused on Daniel and Flora, Daniel gave a slight nod and Flora grinned elegantly and waved at the camera.

" You're so controlling. " Flora finally said as Daniel's eyes widened and his head snapped to look at her. Daniel and Amanda were never controlling towards Flora, there were so many ground rules already. They tried to give her the most freedom she could get. And she knew how that affected Sam. She knew that if she landed a kick on Bert's arm Daniel would go wild and praise her till she couldn't hear anymore but if Sam took down the whole Eagle Fang gang on her own, her parents wouldn't be as much proud. It would be treated like anyother normal accomplishment.

" What are you talking about?" He stammered.

" I know you love gramps Miyagi, and I know you miss him," She carefully yet firmly said as she wondered how unfair life might have been for Daniel. They were preparing for her funeral but it was Mr.Miyagi who took the carriage to Heaven first, " And I guess you want his legacy to be lived on, but you can't force it onto someone...you can't force it onto, Sam." She paused looking into her father's eyes, " Gramps Miyagi wouldn't do that."

" I-"

" I'm not your only daughter who's dying, " She whispered as she looked over Sam, who was discussing something with Demetri and Miguel, " Sam isn't immortal, all of us will be dead in the next hundred years."

" Dying!?" Daniel was frustrated now, " Flo, what does death have to do with karate?"

" She's Samantha Larusso, not Daniel Larusso. " She replied with a smile that's supposed to explain everything but apparently did nothing, " Stop trying to make her a second version of yourself. It's cruel."