Six

Amanda Larusso must worry with every bone in her body all the time. Before it was just karate and Flora's health safety now its karate, Flora's health safety and Flora's safety from Cobra Kai. For Daniel and Sam, they had trained for so long, but the last time she trained for karate was probably at the age of ten, when she swore that she would rather be going to some church every week.

After the fight that broke at their house, Amanda knew even home wasn't safe anymore. 

Daniel poured some red wine for himself, as Amanda sat by the dining table with him, drawing circles over her wine glass.

" I'm trapped Daniel. " She informed, " I thought the new security system would make me feel safer, but it's just putting me more on edge." She looked up at him and then took a sip of wine feeling exhausted, " Those little Cobra Kai shits ought to be locked up." She sighed, " Specially, Tory psycho. If anyone deserves no mercy it's her."

" You know if you want to honey, we could still go to the police...." Daniel offered. 

" No, we have already been through that." She sighed, " It isn't good for Flo. She shouldn't take any stress. The last thing I want for her is to be thrown into an unreal karate war." She paused and then gave an excited tired smile, " So how was Flora? Did she make any new friends? "

" She's getting there. Weirdly she bonded with Johnny. " Daniel scoff-chuckled. 

" Uhuh! Captain Eagle Claw!" Amanda chuckled too.

" It was good to see her hanging out with Demetri and Miguel though. " He grinned, " She was even talking about something about a...movie night with Demetri, driving back home. You should have seen how excited she sounded. "

" Movie night, huh?" Amanda smiled feeling overwhelmed, she was about to say something more but then there was a loud thud. And the couple immediately knew where it came from. 

Both of them rushed on their feets and bolted towards Flora's room, only to see her sitting on the floor beside her bed with her legs stretched on a disorganised pattern.

" Can't feel my legs again. " She mumbled and clearly she was half asleep, as Daniel and Amanda were looking at her worriedly. Daniel sighed in sympathy, as he kneeled down and helped her up, and made her sit on the bed. It happened sometimes, when she would wake up and lose feelings in her legs and later the feeling would just naturally come back. Like tonight, she woke up to use use the bathroom and lost  footing. 

Flora looked at Amanda and gave her a thin-lipped sad smile, " Bathroom."

" Uh yeah..." Amanda quickly said as she walked to the other end of the room getting the emergency wheelchair they had for such situations and strolled it to Flora as Daniel helped Flora sit on it. Then Flora rolled the wheels on her own to get to the attach bathroom and Amanda helped her to walk in.

It was embarrassing to be 16 and still needing her mother's help to use the bathroom. 

........

It was a week later, during morning hours at Miyagi-Do where Flora had a full canvas set up, behind where all the students were lined up.

Sam stood behind Flora, who was sitting on a stool,  and looked at the picture perfect painting Flora was creating as the paint brush dipped into vibrant green and then brushed upon the fabric of the canvas.

" That's a really pretty portrait of them you know." Sam told Flora, looking up at the students as Flora was attentively painting. 

" That is a self portrait. " Flora informed Sam looking up at her with a smile. She had one of her huge chanel glasses on. Everytime there was a Harry Styles or Taylor Swift concert in London and she couldn't attend Daniel would buy her these glasses instead.