Twenty Six

Flora Larusso forgot about what the hell just happened and focused more on driving back home safely. But the moment, she parked her car in the driveway, the thoughts were back again. Thankfully, she was too tired to overthink, the need of sleep locked all her mind voices away.

In the kitchen Amanda and Sam were getting breakfast while Anthony was getting Fudge's necessary stuff to take him out on a walk, and for that Flora was forever grateful. It was her turn to walk Fudge and she'd collapse if she moved another muscle under the burning sun.

Weirdly, she missed Bloomsbury's rain. L.A was already filthy hot and summer was still weeks away.

" You owe me," Anthony singsongly said walking out of the main door when Flora was done patting Fudge and kissing his tiny nose.

" You love Fudge, stop trying to look tortured, Ant!" Flora called out, taking a seat in the breakfast table. Suddenly she felt an undying love towards pancakes she never felt before. She didn't had any dinner last night.

" How's Eli?" Amanda asked casually, sipping her glass of orange juice, and Sam's eyes widened in horror.

" Miserable, " Flora replied back casually, stabbing a pancake off Sam's plate, too tired to get her own, and chewing it like a hungry monster. Sam didn't complain and let her have it, even passing the chocolate syrup's bottle.

" I thought I was supposed to cover for you," Sam asked, betrayal painted in her features, " I prepared a whole story on why a sleepover is important on a school night and even I didn't believe it."

" Oh, come on, Sam." Flora rolled her eyes, pouring herself some juice, " Mummy obviously knew where I was,"

" You expected me to believe she was having fun with Moon when the boy she has feelings for is hurt?" Amanda  frowned with a sly smile, " Of course, she was with him and I knew."

" Then why would you ask me to cover?" Sam frustratedly asked.

" You know, never let them have enough evidence to prove what they know is true, " Flora shrugged lazily, her shoulders were held low, " Those true crime podcasts were worth it."

After the pancakes, Amanda did a blood pressure and oxygen level check on Flora, they seemed to be normal. She gulped her meds and got some injected. Then she was off to the comfort of her room. The first thing she did were brush her teeth and shower. Scratching her skin desperately to get rid of the germs she got from the Californian air.

She wore a huge red t-shirt with a massive Donald Duck head on it. Did I mention how heavenly it was to get rid of that bra? And then her teenage urge made her go over to her laptop and check her Instagram, since Moon had her phone for the moment.

She went there with the intention of texting Demetri her thoughts, that had been screaming in the back of her mind since the night before. Since she stared into Eli's lost eyes.

But the first thing she saw was the notification icon, with more notifications than she could count up to without shuttering. She clicked and she was transferred to a post. It was a picture of her and Eli from Starbucks when they went to hangout with Moon, Demetri and Chris and, Demetri posted it with the most non understandable caption of all time. But this wasn't from Demetri's account. She couldn't recognise the account actually. And then she read the caption and knew it was Kylar's anonymous account.

She teared her eyes away from those disgusting slut shaming words she didn't want to fully process in her head, the tears were there already.

Yazzz fuck off asshole and stop being so fucking obsessed with Flo. Everyone knows rejection bit you in what you call a lame excuse of a dick.