Team 12

Disclaimer - Don't own any of the animes mentioned in this book. But I own this plot line.

~~>><<~~

3 years back

Tyson yawns as he sits down on a chair. He was in an empty training room. Waiting for the new team of rookies to enter.

They usually don't make new teams but each generation has one new rookie team, Team 5 was the rookie from his generation, Team 12 is the rookie from the next.

Everyone else are put in the other teams which are much larger . The rookie teams have very few members, they never go above 12 , usually sticking to 6 .

This forces the rookie team to work harder as if one of them falls it leaves a heavy impact on the team.

Only selected few get to be in it.

And Tyson and team has to train the next generation of the rookies. That is the tradition. The rookies of the last generation, who aren't rookies anymore, train the rookies of the next.

The naming system was weird but he didn't mind. The rookies usually have lots of potential and turn out to be good warriors in the future. The only issue is the advisors as few believed that the rookie team was their 'Special war and battle unit ' . Like those teams were the ace up their sleeves. Some even believed that it was best if none of them had any remorse or emotions. They believed that those teams were mere killing machines.

The advisors are complicated group.

Their title is not the only thing that they have. Despite the advisor system only being present for around 70 years, the advisors had already formed groups amongst themselves. This leads to frequent clashes but the final decision lies with Arata, which is a relief because Arata always tends to take the right decisions.

Then there is the family system. Many of the children entering Kami Kemono no Chikara are abandoned, orphans or runaways.

They didn't have anywhere to return to, so a man whose name starts with an o ( Tyson didn't care enough to remember) started the family system over five decades ago.

In the family system, children are taken in by any of the 'families' formed here.

The man who started this system, personally gave each person who volunteered to start a family a family name. The man had said it would be a fresh start and everyone who volunteers has to give up their family name and start a fresh start.

It worked well in the beginning but soon things started to go downhill.

Each family soon started having it's own specialities. And soon rivalry grew between families. The man had intended for the families to accept the children as they are, but families didn't do that. They started selecting children according to their powers and talents and they will only accept them if the children meet their expectations otherwise they don't.

In some other cases, the children aren't able to meet family expectations even after being accepted into it. Other children always hold the spotlight and the ones considered weaker are just considered invisible.

That was the situation of his current lover, Tori Kaneki.

The Kaneki household was a very famous one. One which held multiple powerhouses and usually kind people. But even within such a household there exist toxic people

Mahogany eyes snap to the door when he hears it open.

" Yo ! Cap'n here yet? "Catherine asks

" Nope, Hikaru left to get Yuki " Tyson answers

" Wonder what they're doing " Catherine says with a devilish smirk

Tyson grimaces

" Really Cathy, leave me out of this.. " He says

" Yeah Cathy. Give the lieutenant and me a break. " Nick says walking in

Catherine rolls her eyes

" You guys like to talk shit about people too. "

" Not dirty things about our own teammates " Nick scowls

" Yeah, Yeah whatever. Tyson. heard the BBA revolution won. Good job " Catherine says with a smile, she already knew they would win. After all, this was their current strongest lieutenant. He would obviously win.

" Thanks. " Tyson replies

" Wonder if this Brooklyn guy will be recruited " Nick says looking at the door, wondering when the others will arrive.

" Nah. He has a strong connection with his bit beast but he is,as of now, mentally unstable. Brooklyn ought to take a break"Tyson answers

" Yo! " Samantha's voice echoes in the room as she jumps on her boyfriend's back

Nick grimaces but doesn't fall over.

" Get down, Sam " He says

Sam laughs and obliges

" What are you guys talking about? " Sam asks

" Nothing. " Tyson answers taking his phone as he hears it notify him about a message.

" Looks like Hikaru isn't coming. Yuki is on her way. " He says reading the message

" Why? " Sam asks looking at the door when she hears footsteps and notices the rookie team enter.

" Few advisors called him" Tyson answers standing up. He pockets his phone and looks at the next generation rookie team who stood near the door awkwardly.

" Hey, why don't you guys enter? " Tyson asked

The kids quickly entered and assembled near him.

Tyson raised a brow at their silence but decides to shrug it off.

" First off, you guys are going to be trained by us and well I will be starting it as our Captain has other matters to deal with. Second, I am Blue dragon, as you must know. Don't believe the rumours. I am not a cold blooded killing machine and neither will you turn out to be one. We are human beings with emotions and we take decisions and fight battles with those emotions. Em-" Tyson was cut off by Samantha

" Basically, all he has to say is he is a good friend and a caring person but when it comes to fighting enemies and battles he is a total badass, who seems to be cold. But dont you worry kids, he won't be mean to you guys! Not on our watch! "

Tyson rolls his eyes but a fond smirk settles on his lips.

Team 12 noticed that expression of his. That made them feel sort of relieved.

Blue Dragon was someone almost everyone in Kami Kemono no Chikara idolises. A 15 year old who had accomplished more than 50 missions , who had enough power to be titled as the strongest lieutenant, who was the savior of many people was in the end of the day, a caring teenager who only wanted everyone's well being. Team 12 had been expecting a strict, scary, mean person but Blue Dragon or rather Tyson was none of that.

This revelation made them respect and adore him more.

Their tensed expressions soften and they look forward to working with the infamous, Blue Dragon.

" Well then! Shall we begin our training session?" Tyson asks

A few shouts of agreement follow.

~~>><<~~

( This chapter is to show the bond between Tyson and the kids.
Until next time! )