"now no one will forget you either." [minho 10]

it had been your first week in the glade, officially the first week. you kept track. it gave you a sense of power, as you could actually remember that. no one could take that away from you.

it went better than if you had ever imagined how it would go. you found a job almost instantly working as a cook with Frypan, who was a delight to be around. instantly, you two click, becoming good friends. you had your own hut made by Gally, who you talked to throughout that process. you'd stay with him on late nights and help him build up your soon to be small hut that was just perfect. he didn't mind. he enjoyed your conversations, even if you mostly did the talking. you found out a lot about him through that. you knew a lot about Newt too, who had shown you around in the glade, telling you everything. he still does, go out of his way to tell you everything. drama, about the gladers, if alby threw anyone in the pit, everything. you loved those talks a lot, always looking forward to them almost every night.

they knew you the best, you knew them the best. and you were fine with only really knowing three people. it made things simple. people knew not to mess with you, Gally made sure of that, yet they knew you were nice and fun to be around as Fry and Newt would say.

with your situation, stuck in the glade surrounded by grievers, you were more than happy with that.

you walked peacefully into the woods, the breeze perfect, it was a beautiful day out. not too hot at all. it was right after dinner when you sneaked away from Gally and Fry arguing about who was stronger. you made it to the tranquility filled forest. just going on a walk quickly so you could come back before anyone noticed you were gone.

you walked by countless trees before coming across one different from all the others. it had been a couple of feet in front of you, a word carved into it a little above eye level for you. as you walked up to it, the word became clearer. before you could even question it, you realized you weren't alone.

"I did that a while back, maybe my first week becoming a runner." a korean boy stood across from you, leaning against a nearby tree, a good gap between the two of you. you turned around quickly, both eyebrows raised. "didn't want anyone forgetting about the original keeper of the runners if I were to get lost in there." he said, glacing in the direction of where the doors to the maze would be. he stood with his arms crossed in front of his chest. although he was leaning on the tree, he stood confidently. his head up high.  "I figured some greenie like you or anyone would come up to it." his eyes were a dark brown, same with his hair. he was very muscular and tall, someone to feel threatened by, but his expression was soft and friendly.

you turned back around, reading the name once more. "Minho." you had mumbled. now putting the pieces together. you had only exchanged glances once or twice. quick ones. you had heard his name once of twice from, well, everyone. "nice to meet you, greenie." you hadn't said anything, you just turned back to him, narrowing your eyes at him.

"keeper of the runners huh. big responsibility." you finally said, he give a small smirk before standing up straight. "Exactly why it was giving to me." you gave a small smile, which he returned.

"you go in the maze every day knowing there's no guarantee of you coming back?" you asked him, with a tone as if you didn't belive it. "well someone has to do it." he made a valid point, making you puzzled on what to say next.

"thats.. terrifying." you couldn't help but think of all the possibilities of getting stuck in there. left with the greivers. getting stung by one. one wrong turn getting you lost in your tracks, could cost you your life. it sent chills down your spin. you had stood with someone who did it every day. "you're not scared?" you ask anxiously.

"I'm petrified." he said after a moment of quietness. he made his way over to you as he spoke, keeping the eye contact, so you truly knew he was genuine. "but I'd do anything to get out of here. to get everyone out of here. it's worth taking the risk. it's worth being tired for. if getting out of here means we are truly safe and away from crazy machines that want us for lunch well, shuck, I'd take it." you laughed at the vocabulary. still not quite used to it.

"your right about that minho." You said with a smile. glancing back at the tree, he did so too. "always am shebean."

"y/n, my name you know."

he stayed silent, picking up a few things and walking closer to the tree. you stayed where you were with a confused look until he walked back over to you with a satisfied look. "um minho? you don't have to-"

"now no one will forget you either." he said, now looking at your name carved right under his.

-

this one seems like really fast paste and I don't like it, but if you have ANY ideas please tell me I need them cuz this isn't doing it