"your staring." [minho 2]

laughter was heard from all around the glade. the fire roaring as alby added more wood to it. these times were your favorite. everyone is always connected. having the time of their lives surrounded by a maze with daunting grievers that roamed it.

you walked over to newt, who leaned against a rather large log. "y/n! hello!" he exclaimed, patting the ground next to him, inviting you to sit down. "hey newt." you smiled, sitting down.

you had only got here two or three months ago. and newt had been the one to show you the way of the glade. sometimes you'd help him out in the gardens when things got boring in the med jacks. he was your best friend. you trusted him a lot, as you always felt comfortable around him.

you both started talking, from how your days went, to the new greenie, and everything in between. though you both seemed to do this every day, the answers never were boring. one question newt had asked though, caught your attention.

"you've been here for quite a while. any shank that's caught your eye?" he questioned, eying you as if he already knew the answer, he took a sip of gallys strange drink. now it all depended on if you'd be honest with him.

"well.." hesitantly, you turned around, looking directly at the keeper of the runners, who sat around the others finishing his food. newt followed eagerly.

just as the runner put his bowl down, obviously feeling eyes on him, he looked over. you turned away, grabbing newts shoulder, forcing him to turn back as well. he laughed seeing you nervously push your hair behind your ears. "maybe. maybe someone." you confessed, taking one glance back at the runner as newt loudly whispers to you that he knew it all along.

−−

minho smirked, watching you turn newt away. seeing you nervously sit there, knowing he had completely just caught you staring. and it hadn't been the first time. you were quiet, well minho assumed you were, as he only saw you during the late evenings. even then you kept quiet only ever really talking to newt or occasionally clint and jeff. either way, you caught minhos attention.

"your staring." ben had teased, sitting down next to him, nudging the keeper as he did. minho scoffed, nudging ben back, causing him to almost fall over. "shuck off ben." he nagged. turning just to look at you once more, only to see you looking back. he smirked once more, winking at you only to see your cheeks turn red even through the light of the fire. newt laughed as you'd only push him away, demanding him to shut up. his smirk grew into a smile. "no way. the keeper, of the runners, has fallen for one of the newest greenies??" ben snickered, with a fake gasp. minho only nudged ben again, causing him to fall over. "slim it shank!" he'd demand. picking his bowl up, he'd walked away from ben who still laid there laughing.

as he walked a small smile formed on his lips. he soon realized ben was right. he then knew, right then and there, he was going to take every opportunity he had to talk to you.