"i told you so." [gally 3]

BEFORE READING: obviously there are builders other than gally, so henry, and peter are other builders that are mentioned.

--

you had become a builder within one of the first weeks you came to the glade. you had grown offly close with the keeper of the builders, gally. he always helped you and worked with you. you both grew very close. you knew him better than anyone. he was always with you so you guess it was bound to happen, which you weren't complaining.

you had been in the glade for a least 8 months now. so you knew most of the gladers, the way of the glade.

you were sitting in homestead, your work done for the day. at least you thought so; that was until peter and henry, builders as well, ran into the room. a panicked look across both of their faces. frantically they looked for you, immediately running to you after seeing you. "y/n!! oh y/n we need your help." henry spoke, clearly on edge. you only gave them a questionable look, deeply you were confused. "we were building this wall, that was supposed to be done- I dunno ages ago? but we were too busy acting like slintheads and the only work we got done wasn't very good." peter chimed in, sounding even more panicked than his face showed. "and well as we were messing around, we kinda ran into it.. and broke it.." peter confessed, his head laid low, clearly ashamed. "well.. what does have to do with me?" you asked simply.

"gally told us he'd throw us in the maze if he caught us fooling around again.. can you take the blame for it?" henry asked. you only laughed. "have you shanks gone mad? no!" "y/n! please! gally- he has a soft spot for you!! he won't yell at you! and I don't want to be a grievers food!!" peter cried out. "please just take the blame!?" henry pleaded. you rolled your eyes. "no, no he doesn't." you scoffed. "he clearly likes you! it's so obvious- that's besides the point!" henry practically yelled. both of their eyes begged you to take the blame.

the door to the homestead swong open, an angry, very angry gally walked in. eyeing henry and peter as he walked up to them. "which one of you slintheads broke the wall?!" he angrily ask, pointing at the two.
they both started to play it off, as if nothing happened. gally only rolled his eyes.

"sorry gally. I was trying to hammer a nail into it and it broke it. I must have done it too hard." you chimed in, all of them looked at you. gallys expression instantly softened. the other two looked at you with huge relief. "oh." gally cleared his throat. "want me to show you how to do it?" he asked. you simply nodded. "then let's go shank." he said, tilting his head towards the door, a single to go. you got up, following after gally, who held the door open for you.

you glanced back at the two, who only gave you a look of 'I told you so.' you just walked out, gally and you starting to talk right away.

you then realized they were right. smiling to yourself, you were sure you'd ask him about it later, till then. you'd stay right there by his side.