You Want Some Grass? (Edited 12/17/23)

After Jon explained the 13 main villages, he decided to go back to Zeke at their stall.

"Do you guys want to come with me back to Zeke?" He asked Eve and the 3 kids.

"Sure, there is not much for us to do but look around," Eve agreed.

"But, what about the basketball court?" Mason asked petulantly, looking up at her.

Eve looks around the vicinity and spotted the basketball court at a distance.

"You can go to the basketball court over there Mason, just don't get lost. You two can go join him if you want too," She told Kyle and Julia.

Kyle and Julia look at each other in excitement, then they both turn back to Eve.

"Okay!" They said simultaneously.

So Eve's 3 students ran off toward the basketball court.

Seeing the three figures got smaller, Eve gave a sigh.

"Ahh kids," she said, reminiscing her youth.

"So it will be just me joining you," she said when she turn back to Jon.

"Alright, let's go." He said.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Later, they both made it to the Farling brother's stall. They saw many produce laying on the table but....Zeke is nowhere to be found.

Jon had a look of disbelief and gave a tch sound in annoyance.

"Our stall is not being watched! Where the hell is Zeke?! Someone could steal our stuff!" Jon ranted about his wayward and too carefree older brother.

"How about I go look for him, while you watch over your stuff?" Eve suggested.

"Good idea," Jon gave a sigh and went behind the stall table to slump over one of the two chairs there.

"Bring him back so that I can give him a good beating and force him to be the main salesperson while I relax," he said then closed his eyes.

"Well okay then," Eve said with a funny look after hearing what Jon said. Then she left him alone to go search for Zeke.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Eve took a little while to search for Zeke around the market since the trade area is big.

She finally found Zeke sitting beside a man in a straw hat behind a stall full of...grass.

"Zeke! I finally found you! Jon wants you back at the stall," She told Zeke but found him looking...detached.

Zeke right now is slumped over the chair, with his head tilted back, smoke coming out of his mouth. In one hand, he is holding a pipe.

"Tell Jon I'll be heading back in a minute..." Zeke slurred out and moved his head to look at her with unfocused eyes, " Just let me feel like I'm closer to heaven for a bit..."

Eve had a disbelieving expression towards Zeke.

"Zeke...are you high?" She asked him but doesn't expect him to give a concrete answer in his state.

"High...like high in the sky...? Yes...I indeed feel like flying in the sky way up high...." Zeke continues to slur.

The man wearing a straw hat sitting beside Zeke looks like a hillbilly and is also smoking from a pipe. He lazily glanced at Eve.

"You want some grass?" He asked her carelessly.

Note: I will introduce a new character in the next chapter.