Discussion *Edited 12/17/23*

At the Beckett Residence

"Welcome back boys, how was your time with Eve?" Arlene greeted when the boys and her husband came back home.

"We didn't get to do anything," Kyle said angrily,"Father made us leave."

"Yeah! We didn't get to play with Eve at all," Mason said with the same feeling as Kyle.

"Oh my, what is going on Jer?" Arlene questioned concernedly, turning to look at her husband.

"Um...let's discuss this privately. Boys, go to your room," Jeremiah ordered his sons.

"Hmmph!" Kyle ran off. As usual, Mason followed after him.

"Come dear, let's sit down at the table." Arlene took Jeremiah's arm and lead him towards the kitchen table.

"Dear, what is going on with the boys? They seem upset."

Jeremiah sighed, "You are right dear, they are upset."

"Are they upset with you? Or with Eve?"

"They are upset with me. They can never be mad at Eve, they idolize her. But Eve is part of the reason why they are upset with me."

"Then, why are they upset with you?"

"Because I did not allow them to learn martial arts."

"Martial....arts? What is that?" Arlene asked confusedly.

Jeremiah then recapped the situation.

"I....see...," said Arlene after Jeremiah told what happened.

"Yes, so it seems that Eve had a talent for fighting," said Jeremiah.

"A former noble lady that knows how to fight, that is unheard of." Arlene confirmed.

"Yes, and the boys want Eve to teach them how to fight with this martial arts. What do you think of that?" Jeremiah asked. He expected his wife to disapprove.

"I think it's wonderful," said Arlene unexpectedly.

"What?! You really think so?!" Jeremiah was surprised.

"Yes."

"Why would you approve of it dear?" Jeremiah really thought his wife wouldn't agree to have the boys learn how to fight because of fear of their safety.

"I trust Eve," said Arlene confidently.

"Dear...."

"Listen dear husband, I trust Eve with all of my heart. Call it women's intuition if you want, but there is something about her that is different. She has been a nice girl and she has been doing good things. She is a good person and I trust the boys with her. They even look up to her like someone that hung the moon."

Jeremiah was speechless at his wife's words.

"And don't think I am not concerned about our sons safety, because I am. But Eve will make sure they will be fine, I'm sure of it. Maybe this martial arts will be good for the boys. You told me Eve said that it will build their characters right? What did you say again...respect, confidence, patience, and self-discipline?"

Jeremiah nodded his confirmation.

"Yes. I believe Eve will help the boys grow into themselves under her guidance. Enough about me, what did you think of this idea Jer?" Arlene asked her husband.

"I honestly don't know. I guess I wanted your input first, but I agree with what you said. Maybe this martial arts will be good for our sons," said Jeremiah, finally convinced.

"If you are unsure, how about the both of us and the boys visit Eve and ask if she can demonstrate the fighting moves," Arlene suggested,
"Maybe seeing it properly can help us be sure we made the right decision."

"Okay," Jeremiah readily agreed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile

Eve was in her kitchen looking for ingredients in her food storage room to make dinner.

She made a shocked gasping sound when she saw she almost ran out of the fruits and veggies.

"Damn it, do I have to go back there and see him again?"