Story Info: The Wonders of Love

The Wonders of Love is a fantasy romance novel written by an unknown author. It is unknown to the public because there is only one novel in existence. This novel was found in the attic of Evelina's childhood home when she was 14 years old. Evelina remembers the contents of the novel because she was very bothered by the whole story.

The story takes place in the world of Acadia where magic and creatures of myth exists. Most humans can be born with magic elements. The magic elements are fire, water, thunder, air, earth, dark, and light. Dark and Light elements are very rare but there are different reactions to it. Light is praised while Dark is feared. Earth is considered the weakest element because earth users just easily beaten by the other elements. Those born with no elements at all are discriminated and are called outcasts. They are forced to live outside the empire in an area called the Outcast Territory.

The heroine of this story is Meredith Roseworth, a commoner gifted with light magic. As a citizen of the Draconian Empire, she must attend the Draconian Royal Academy starting at the age of 12. She has to study and live in a dorm there for four years. Before entering the academy, she has to showcase her magic in front of the mentors and students of the school, including the crown prince, villainess, and male leads. By making her body glow almost blindingly, her light magic shocked everyone. Soon many students idolizes her, and the teachers gave her special treatment. She gained the interest of Crown Prince Maxwell Dracona and the other male leads.

Evelina Winstead is the villainess. She is the daughter of the highest ranking Duke, who is second in power to the Emperor. She was born without a magic element, bringing shame to the Winstead family. She was hated by her father and two older brothers because they blamed her for the Duchess's death from childbirth. They showed disgust for her having no magic element and let the servants abuse her. The only thing she have was her beautiful face. The royal family and nobility knows that she has no magic element but she was not immediately thrown out of the empire. The reason is that the emperor wanted her to marry his son the crown prince in order to gain control of the Duke's power.

On the day Evelina was introduced to the Crown Prince, she fell in love with him. They were both 10 years old with the Prince only months older. On that day, the prince treated her very kindly while others she knew treated her with contempt. She was very lonely because her family and servants did not like her and she had no friends. When the prince treated her like a human being instead of a pest, she immediately fell in love. She was thrilled when Emperor Maximillian announced their engagement. Prince Maxwell acted like he accepted it but deep inside, he hated her very being. He believes she is weak and useless for having no magic element. He was only acting nice to her and had planned to dispose of her when he becomes emperor.

Evelina was allowed to enter the Draconian Royal Academy despite not having a magic element only because the emperor wanted her to be close to Prince Maxwell. The teachers were notified of this and didn't like it. This knowledge spread to the students and circulated all around the school. So when she entered the academy, they made her showcase her magic element when they knew she didn't have any just for their amusement, and to embarrass a Duke's daughter.

At the academy, Meredith and Prince Maxwell became friends. Prince Maxwell spent many times with her and they became close. With Evelina, he barely attempts to interact with her. He and Meredith eventually fell in love with each other in less than a month.

Other males fell in love with her too, and they are the other male leads who interacted with the heroine as much as the crown prince. One of them is Kenneth Reyes, son of an Earl that later became a royal guard. Another is Dimitri Vasilov, a history teacher. Next is the crown prince's best friend and son of a marquis, Brendan Marx. Lastly is the second prince of the empire, Prince Weston Dracona.