Heading to the Market (Edited 12/17/23)

The now 19 year old Eve finally snaps out of remembering the past.

Then she suddenly ducks from an unexpected kick to the back of her head.

"Too slow Kyle, try again." Eve said to the peeved looking older Beckett boy.

"Ugh! You were distracted! How can you dodge when you were staring into space!" Kyle, who is now 12, said with a crouched position.

"You are still a rookie compared to me and-" Eve was cut off by an almost unexpected punch to the face.

"Stay still," said Julia, also 12, and began throwing punches speedily like a saiyan.

"Whoa there!" Eve dodged every punch easily.

"Okay you guys improved immensely in the last 3 yrs but you are still a long way to go. Now where is the younger Beckett-" Eve was cut off again.

Mason, who is now 10, was perched on a branch of a nearby tree. He jumped off of it with a sword in his hands ready to strike Eve while she is distracted.

Eve kicked Julia on the chest, sending her flying away and blocked Mason's attack with her own sword.

"Nice try kid," Eve then continued to strike Mason with her sword and they began to have a dance of swords seen in martial arts movies.

Kyle and Julia joined in the fray, but Eve still overtakes them. She exhausted her students and gave each of them KO punches.

Her 3 students groaned on the ground.

"It's okay guys. I believe you will eventually beat me. It is just more training to do," said Eve in encouragement.

"Practice makes perfect," she quoted.

Kyle got up first with a hand to his stomach.

"I will beat you Eve, that is a promise," he said in determination.

"I will be waiting for that time," Eve replied back.

It was dark now so it is time for all of them to head home.

"Today was an exhausting day. How about tomorrow we have no training to just walk around the village and have some fun? What do you say guys?" Eve suggested.

The Beckett boys and Julia look at each other.

"Okay," said Kyle, "Let's do that. We hadn't walked around the village in a while."

"Yes!" Mason agreed enthusiastically," We can go see the stalls and play with the village kids!"

"Sounds fun," said Julia," I would love to enjoy a nice breeze while on a walk." Julia lost her stutter a while ago.

"Good! We will hang out tomorrow! I can't wait to see how the other villagers are doing."

After this conversation, the four headed home.

------------------------------------------
Today is now a day just to have fun.

No chores. No training. Just pure excitement.

The Beckett boys and Julia had permission from their parents to spend time with Eve around the village.

They plan to go to the market area, the center of bartering and trades. Jeremiah had wrote down directions for her to get there without getting lost. It has been a while since she has been there.

Right now, Eve is taking her 3 students with her ox cart. She rode on her ox Willy while her students are in the cart being pulled.

"I can't wait to see the market," said Julia," it's been a long time and I heard there are big trades happening between our village and the other villages too."

"Yeah I'm excited too," said Kyle," Ever since we have seafood, trade between the villages have increased. Our village is getting more popular with the other villages. Father said Beggar's Village is getting a lot of supplies."

"I want to go to the basketball court and play with the other kids," piped up Mason. There is a basketball court at the center of the market that was set up a couple of years ago, so he wants to go play with the other kids there.

Eve listens to their conversation silently in content while urging Willy towards their destination.

In these recent years, she found out that Beggar's Village is not the only village of outcasts.

Turns out, there are other village of outcasts scattered all over the edge of the empire.

There are villages with names like Pauper Village, Snake Village, Brothel Village, and maybe other insulting or offensive names for villages.

Eve wonders...who names the villages? The Emperor of the Draconian empire? Or have these villages existed for centuries?

She is not even sure she wants to know why the villages are named that way, especially Brothel village.

There are just so many wrongs in this world. Eve doesn't know which world is worse, Earth or Acadia.

"Okay Kyle, what is the next direction to our destination," she asked the older Beckett boy.

"Just turn right after that boulder over there...." He said, holding a piece of paper with the directions.

They continued their travels in comfortable silence.