Part 18 | Finale

"C-Chan!" Jisung screamed, letting go of Minho and getting onto the floor which was being filled up by the water. The low level of water on the bathroom floor was stained in red from Chan's blood and Jisung didn't care as he fell down next to Chan, pulling him into his arms.

Jisung screamed, loud, his voice breaking.

Chan was the first to recognize his true potential. Chan was the person who helped him be so much better at what he was passionate about.

He was gone now too.

It was only Minho and him now.

And he was next.

Jisung turned to look at Minho, who was in deep shock. He gently let go of Chan's body and walked over to Minho, who was now out of the tub.

He had almost reached Minho when they both a sharp sound behind them.

They both turned their heads and their breaths hitched upon seeing the heater in the bathroom wall, shaking violently.

They didn't have time to think.

Jisung didn't have time to think.

Minho did.

The older looked at Jisung with a sad smile. "I love you, Sungie" He muttered before pushing the boy back, making him trip and fall into the bathtub, before turning around and running to the heater, wrapping up his entire body with it.

Jisung's heart sank, knowing exactly what Minho was doing, but before he could even get up, there was the sound of an explosion.

Jisung didn't even want to get up now.

He felt his soul being crushed, his will to live dying, but fear of death increasing at the same time.

His head hurt and so did his chest.

A minute or two later, he stood up and he covered his mouth to not scream when he saw Minho's burnt body on the floor, close to Chan's. Half of Minho's face was almost unrecognisable and Jisung started to tremble.

He wanted to deny all of this so badly.

With a trembling and weak body, he slowly got out of the bathtub, but right as he do, the lights flickered, and he knew he was already gone. His body tenses and freezes up, eyes widening.

Just then, one of the neighbors from the hotel room closeby walked into the bathroom; they were worried after hearing the sound of the explosion.

The man who walked in saw the bodies of the two males, and his eyes widened in horror and shock.

he then quickly went to Jisung, shaking the boy by his shoulder a little.

"What happened!?" He exclaimed, making Jisung take a step back. The younger shook his head, getting himself out of his shocked state before looking at the older male.

Jisung opened his mouth to speak, but just then, out of nowhere, from the small window on the wall to his right, came a red hot blade, breaking through the glass, right as the man stepped on where Jisung stood.

Jisung gasped, covering his mouth as the blade went through the man's skull, killing him instantly as he dropped down to the ground, the skin around his wound burning due to how hot the metal was.

The younger felt his chest tighten, falling to his knees beside the man in the bloodstained water.

His hands trembled as he looked around, seeing that the lights were no longer flickering; but he knew this was death's sick game.

The moment he wouldn't expect it, it would pay him a visit again.

So Jisung just sat there, waiting for something to happen.

he waited for seconds.

And then seconds turned to minutes.

And then... minutes turned to hours.

He felt so confused.

Why was nothing happening?

Did he survive?.. or was death leading him on?...

-

-

-

2 months later

Jisung looked around at the soft white walls of the room. It was cold there and nothing else was there except a bed, a remote, and a TV behind bulletproof glass.

His eyes were dull as he pressed the buttons over and over again, skipping channel after channel, seeing nothing but talks about disasters that kept happening all over the world and how so many people were dying.

Jisung sighed, stopping his fingers after pressing the remote one last time.

He looked at the screen, seeing news about a tragic accident at an amusement park in Seoul, but miraculously, a group of boys managed to survive it. 

He tilted his head a bit, watching the screen before sighing.

He took the remote once more and then turned the TV off.

 [ THE END ]