Part 10 | Your time was written

'sir..'

'sir'

'sir are you awake?'

Hyunjin's whole body hurt as he openned his eyes. he looked around and saw nurses rushing him into the ward.

Hyunjin felt his heart sink. He didn't die. Death rejected the invitation.

It really was coming on time.

But what time?

After all, death is punctual; never early, never late.

Hyunjin couldn't move his lips to say anything. He could barely move his head to look around but that was just barely. Every movement caused it to hurt.

"How did he not die falling from that height!?" One of the nurses said, giving Hyunjin a shocked look as she appeared from out of nowhere while another one at her side ran into a ward close by.

The same question was running through Hyunjin's mind too.

'How did I not die?'

Hyunjin felt numb in his body, but it still hurt him. He was brought into the emergency ward and he saw how the nurses rushed out to alert as many doctors as they could.

Hyunjin took a deep breath, looking up at the bright light that was shining above the bed he lay on. He stared at it for a couple of seconds with a stiff expression when all of a sudden, he noticed that they were trembling a little.

His breathing quickened, an uneasy feeling getting the best of him.

He wanted to look away from the lights, but he couldn't. He stared at them as they started to flicker and as soon as he openned his mouth to cry out for help, the lights shatter and the shards meet his eye.

Hyunjin screamed in pain, trying to move his arms to get the shards out of his eyes, but the moment he tries so, he felt an immense pain in his forearm.

Helpless and unable to do anything, he cried bloody tears as he screamed painfully, and before he knew it, the stand that the lights were attached to fell onto his face, pushing the shards deeper into his eye, cutting his optic nerves and many more.

The male went into shock due to the pain and his body stiffens up, and when the doctors arrive, they saw the horrific image of the idol, dead on a blood-stained hospital bed.

-

-

The boys ran into the hospital and even before they could ask the counter about Hyunjin, they saw a body being carried out of the ward.

They thought Hyunjin survived it too since he survived the fall.

It was a miracle, but it only led him closer to his grave.

Jeongin teared up, watching as a nurse carried the boy's body. Bandages were wrapped around his eyes and there were small cuts all over his face.

They knew something must've happened after he was brought to the hospital.

It was death's call for Hyunjin.

He tried to avoid such a tragic fate; he wanted to end it quickly, but in the end, he suffered long minutes of the vein, long minutes of being unable to blink while glass shards cut off the nerves of his eyes.

"Hyunjin..." Changbin whimpered, leaning into Chan's side as the two of them cried. Jeongin was wrapped around Seungmin's arms and Jisung was silently crying on the floor while Minho tried his best to comfort him.

A moment later, one of the nurses approached them and told them how he found them and the information left their toes curling and hearts breaking all over again.

Poor Hyunjin. He only had one dream, and that was to be seen for what a great man he was. He wanted to be amazing. He wanted his fans to know he was trying. He even finished a song called 'Long For You', but now, his song will be buried with him.