Part 8 | Saved by a miracle

The air felt thick around them and Jisung felt more suffocated than ever. His head hurt and he felt like he could collapse any minute.

Hyunjin, who held him, noticed his discomfort and tried to soothe him but the younger just shook his head a little.

"It's alright I just... I have some pills for this in my room... for when I get panic attacks" Jisung said and the older hesitantly let go of the boy, nodding gently.

Their rooms weren't so far away from the set so Jisung's plan was to just take a pill and come back.

If only things were so ...easy.

Jisung's breathing was quick as he rushed into the room. He looked around frantically to find the bottle, even searching under the bed and in the bedsheets.

He then ran into the mini kitchen and a relieved sigh left his lip when he saw it on the kitchen counter. The boy then took the pill, sighing as he felt his heart slow down its rapid racing a bit.

He closed his eyes for a moment, but all of a sudden, he started to hear a sharp sound right behind him.

Curious and confused, he turned around and his eyes widened when he saw that the mini microwave was on- and it had been on for who knows how long.

Just then, one of the staff members ran into the room, choking. He ran to him, pointing a finger at his throat, telling Jisung that he was choking.

The older male, in a rush, then pushed Jisung aside, grabbed a glass teapot filled with water, beginning to drink it.

Jisung stumbled and fell and he heard the sound from the microwave grow louder and louder behind the man that stood between him and the machine.

The man also heard the noise, so he turned around while trying his best to breathe. All of a sudden, the microwave explodes, making Jisung duck down onto the ground as metal pieces went flying in the air along with a wave of heat.

The latter trembled slightly, taking deep breaths. He then raised his head to check on the other man but he too fell down and to Jisung's horror, the male's face and head were completely burnt and his face was partly cracked open due to the explosion.

Jisung felt numb, unable to move as he looked at the man in horror. He blinked a little before standing up again and then quickly running out, only to bump into Chan and Minho.

"Jisungie!" Minho exclaimed, wrapping the boy in a hug immediately as once he saw him.

"Hyung!" Jisung teared up, hugging back while trembling.

He was so confused. What was happening? Why was this happening all of a sudden? They had just escaped near death once; why again? Is the world testing their mortality?

"You're okay! did anything happen!?" Minho asked in a worried tone, looking at Jisung and then glancing around the room. His eyes then widen when he sees the burnt body of one of their staff on the floor.

The latter turned to Jisung, sighing and hugging him tight.

"You escaped it..." Minho whispered and then bit his lip before turning to Chan who came over to them and hugged them both tightly, tears in his eyes.

After they let go, Minho looked at Jisung and then at Chan before speaking again.

"Hyunjin... Hyunjin is next..."