Part 3 | Was it a dream?

Minho and Changbin gasped for air as they surfaced from the water, and held onto a piece of wreckage.

Changbin cried and so did Minho as they both entwined their hands.

"I-It's gonna be okay, w-we're safe" Minho's voice broke as he cried, his hands trembling in Changbin's who couldn't stop crying due to the horrific things they saw.

They made it.

They survived.

But no, death only delayed them for a few minutes.

Out of nowhere, a metal pole from the wreckage that fell around them, headed at great speed toward them. Minho caught a glimpse of it but he was only able to open his mouth to warn Changbin as It went right through the latter's back, through his ribcage, and made its way out.

Blood spurted out of Changbin's mouth as well as his open wound and painted the water around him in a shade of dark red blood as Minho screamed for help and desperately reached for Changbin's hands that loosened around the wreckage he held onto.

Minho's fingertips barely touched Changbin's as the latter's hand slipped and his lifeless body sunk into the depths with the metal pole still pierced through his chest.

Minho cried, holding onto the wreckage for dear life. He saw no help on their way. He saw no one around him in a deep ocean where he didn't know how to survive. Land wasn't as far away and he could make it if he swam for half an hour.

But that is if he knew how to swim.

He hung onto the wreckage with no other option left, shivering and crying. He then noticed that he was getting lower and lower into the sea and to his horror, he realized that the heavy wreckage he held onto was sinking.

"Help!!" Minho screamed, his voice breaking, as he let go of the sinking material and flapped his arms in an attempt to stay up in the water.

His heart was thumping as he found himself swallowing a mouth of water every time he screamed so he stopped screaming, and just continued to flap his limbs in a failed attempt to not drown.

He tried to stay on the surface, but it felt like a metal being drawn to a magnet as he sunk into the depths of the dark, cold ocean around him. Water filled his airways, his vision blurred and then, even he closed his eyes.

Everything was black.

Pure nothingness.

Until...

"Hyung!"

"Hyung wake up!"

Minho openned his eyes and gasped as he looked at where the sound came from. A thin layer of sweat had formed on his forehead and neck. His eyes teared up as he saw Jisung standing in front of him with his luggage.

It was all a dream...? Or was it?

"Come on, we need to board our flight," Jisung said, giving Minho a hand. The older blinked a little, staring at it. The way Jisung smiled and gave him his hand was exactly like in his dream.

Minho sighed, shaking his head before taking Jisung's hand and standing up. Once he stood up, he froze when Jisung stepped closer to him and began fixing his hair.

His nerves were growing. Was this just a coincidence? 

"Alright, let's go" Jisung then said once he finished, and Minho's breath became unsteady. It was exactly like in his dream. It was the exact tone, the exact moment when the younger turned around.

Maybe it really was just a coincidence. Maybe it was all just Deja vu. Or maybe his anxiety about airplanes was just playing with him.

He boarded the plane with Jisung and he furrowed his eyebrows when he saw their seating patterns.

Felix and Jisung seated together. Seungmin and Hyunjin. Changbin and Jeongin and Chan... were at the front again, an empty seat next to him.

Minho looked down at his ticket and his fingertips went cold.

The same seat. Same timing. Same plane. Coincidence? 

An uneasy breath left his lips as he looked around and then spotted Jisung waving at a little boy. It wasn't just any little boy. But the same one from his dream. The same one that Jisung tried to protect, but ended up dying with as they burnt.

He looked around again and then his breath hitched when the cabin crew woman was filling up the heating pot with hot water.

Everything. Everything was repeating itself and Minho knew it wasn't a coincidence or a dream anymore.