Part 16 | Time is running out

Minho held onto Chan for a moment and then pulled away. He then turned to Jisung who was sitting next to them, already wiping tears.

The older's expression softened, scooting toward Jisung and pressing their foreheads together as he closed his eyes. Jisung understood him the most. They were each other's comfort people, and Minho's heart ached, knowing it couldn't be with him anymore.

"J-Jisung..." Minho uttered, his voice breaking as he held the younger's soft cheeks as leaned away a bit. Jisung looked at him in the eyes, seeing a broken frame of a soul in Minho's dark brown eyes.

Minho felt his throat dry up as he looked at Jisung. He wanted to tell him something; something he always wanted to, but kept a secret from everyone for their status and for their friendship.

The male swallowed drily and looked at Jisung's teary eyes sadly as he brought himself to ask what he had always wanted. Something he had wanted for years, but was waiting for the sake of their career and themselves.

"Can I kiss you..? once... please?" Minho's voice came quiet and he looked down in shame.

Chan's eyes widen for a moment and then, gave a sympathetic look at Minho.

Jisung froze as tears built up in his eyes.

That simple question told him so many things, so many secrets that the older kept, and brought back the reality of so many moments.

Jisung felt his heart thump as he held Minho's chin with gentle fingers, lifting the latter's head up.

Without uttering a word, the younger leaned in, taking Minho's lips in his own and closing his eyes, allowing continuous tears to fall down his cheeks. Minho was quick to return the kiss, crying too as he pulled the boy close to him.

All this time, in reality, Jisung wasn't sure if he had liked Minho that way or not, but this single kiss cleared every doubt away and his heart sank, knowing he was in love with a man he would lose in such a short time.

Normally, a first kiss would bring butterflies or make your heart leap happily. Or give you a feeling of rebirth and ecstasy.

However, the kiss they shared brought different emotions for both of them; regret that one of them didn't confess sooner, doubt that they would make it without the other, and heartbroken knowing it may be their first and last kiss.

Their lips lingered on each other for as long as they could until they had to separate for air.

Jisung and Minho held each other in their arms, and for a moment, they smiled at each other through the heartbreak and tears.

"I didn't think you'd accept it..." Minho said quietly, looking away from Jisung's eyes.

"I didn't think I would either..." Jisung admitted a smaller chuckle leaving his lip as he responded.

Minho looked back at the younger and then held his hand, entwining their fingers together. The older looked at their entwined fingers, a sad smile forming before he turned to look at Chan who was wiping his tears.

Chan knew Minho's little secret all this time. He saw how he always looked at Jisung. It wasn't hard to notice. Even Changbin knew and pointed it out a few times and they had secretly teased Minho about it, even though he'd deny it every time.

"Hyung... please take Jisung... and go out," Minho said softly and Chan's eyes suddenly widen.

"What!? why!?" Chan said, furrowing his eyebrows while Jisung cried even more, tightening his grip on Minho.

"I don't... I don't want Sungie or... or you to see what happens to me" Minho choked on his words as he tried his best to hold in his tears now. "Please..." He begged.

Chan shook his head violently, his lips trembling as he looked at Minho. "N-No... Leeknow..!"

"Chan! Please! It's... it's the last thing I'm requesting from you..." Minho said, louder, the tears he tried holding in leaving his eyes, one after the other.

Chan stayed silent before looking away and then at Jisung. "Jisung..." He started but Jisung quickly cut him off.

"I'm not leaving him! I'm n-not letting go of him!" Jisung's voice broke as he said, holding onto Minho like how a child holds his mother to make himself warmer.

Minho turned to look at the boy, blinking heavily. He gently held Jisung's hands that were around his body and pulled them away, and the younger felt his heart being ripped out.

Jisung looked away, knowing it was what Minho wanted, and weakly brought his hands to his own body.

He and Chan got up from the bed, leaving the room while Chan patted Jisung's back who was crying into his arms.