Part 7 | Only the beginning

But then, all of a sudden, he heard a sound from the machine. He quickly turned his head to it and saw that the motor was starting on its own.

Felix cursed, trying to pull his fingers away but it was already too late as he felt them being crushed by the motor and the conveyor at the same time.

He screamed, tears filling his eyes as he desperately tried to pull out his hands, but found them being pulled by a greater force, into the machine.

"Help!!" His screams for help could tell anyone how much pain he was in and how desperately in need of help he was right now.

Felix felt the bones in his forearms snap from his elbow and his voice got even louder. He pushed his other arm to pull out his hand that was now rotating upwards with the conveyer, but his face goes pale when it meets the same fate as the other one.

"Felix!!?" The freckled male whimpered and turned his head to the sound of footsteps approaching him. It was Chan and Minho.

He cried out in pain and the older males felt their hearts drop, seeing the situation of the younger.

"Minho! turn it off!!" Chan yelled as he went to Felix's side to help the boy pull out his arm, but the moment he pulls on the boy's body, Felix screamed in pain due to his muscles snapping apart, causing Chan to stop what he was doing.

At the same time, Minho found the socket and the switch of the machine and quickly turned it off- but to his horror, it did not stop. He panicked in the wonder of why and then saw the writings on the side "Chargable machine".

Chan cursed, playing with the buttons in hopes that it would stop, but it proved to be ineffective and a very wrong choice as the machine then started rotating faster, pulling more of Felix's arms into the machine.

The poor boy screamed as his left cheek was pressed against the machine while his body was being forced inside. Felix felt his head tilting back, further and further. The space wasn't wide enough for his head to fit through.

Minho and Chan screamed for help too, while Chan smashed the buttons that weren't working while Minho attempted to break the bulletproof glass by kicking it.

A few seconds pass, and one of their voices suddenly stops.

Minho and Chan felt their bodies tense up, their limbs weakening as the machine abruptly stops. They slowly turned their heads to Felix's body, only to see his head snapped back, his eyes slightly open.

Chan screamed as he pulled Felix, and this time, his body came out with ease. But as soon as the boy was pulled out, the image they saw horrified them and broke their hearts even more.

Felix's arms were covered in blood, bits of his skin missing and his bones were out and misplaced. His fingers were crushed and bleeding and one of his ring fingers wasn't even attached anymore.

"F-Felix...!!" Chan screamed, falling down to his knees as he grabbed the freckled boy's collar, shaking him a little, thinking maybe, he was still alive.

But no. He wasn't.

Minho's breathing was shallow and quick and he felt his entire body tingle uneasily.

Death's first target was Chan. It failed, so it skipped to the next in line; Felix.

But what was the pattern?...

Why was it Chan? and why Felix next?

Minho blinked, his mind racing to millions of places; mostly memories he had made with the Australian. His heart was hurting and breaking, knowing this wasn't a dream or a vision this time.

"The vision..." Minho muttered, causing Chan to turn to him, frowning a little through his tears while he was trembling at his lifeless friend's side.

"The order... I think it's the order I saw in my vision!" Minho said quickly and he felt his entire being freeze up, realizing who was next, if his assumption was correct.

So who will death really go after next? After all, its specialty is not knowing when or how it'll say "Hello"