Escaping The Airport Terminal

Leon's POV

My arrival at the Harvardville airport was met with various glares from the many officers around the camp. Almost immediately afterward I was approached by one of the senior medical staff, Doctor Amber.

"Good evening, sir."

I didn't want to take much of her time.

"Situation?"

"The airport has experienced a small outbreak. However, we have managed to contain it, to a degree. The citizenry, however, are getting quite rowdy."

"Be honest with them."

"Sir?"

"Tell them they might have been infected."

"Oh...I see. We'll try to word it carefully so as to prevent a panic."

"Good. Now, where is the officer's tent? I need to speak with whomever's in charge."

"Ah, right. You'll want to speak with Angela Miller, she is in the guarded tent."

"Thank you."

"Of course, sir."

Making my way toward the tent, I could hear them bickering inside.

"The White House has sent a special agent to handle this mess. He ought to be here soon. You can ask him."

Deciding to end their conversation, I enter the tent. "Ask all you like, but honestly, there's nothing to discuss on that subject."

I watched them both slowly turn toward me.

"Who the hell are you?"

I stare at them for a moment before answering. "Leon S. Kennedy."

The woman, whom I presume to be Angela Miller, raised an eyebrow. "Then, you're the one?"

Only a few minutes later were we listening in on a recorded 911 call.

No One's POV

"How many are alive?"

"Five, including me. One's wounded, the senator."

"Can you give me your location?"

"We're in the VIP lounge. West end of the arrivals lobby. Listen, I don't know how long we can hold up. Send help now, before those things get at us. Please hurry."

"Of course, ma'am."

"Before you hang up, can you help me?"

"With what ma'am?"

"My son. I...I lost track of him when the plane crashed."

Leon's heart dropped hearing both Claire's voice and coming to know that Nicholas was in peril. There was an awkward silence before the officer sighed. You could tell he hated doing this.

"Of course, ma'am. Do you...can you provide me with a description?"

"He's about four feet tall with dark crimson red hair and pale blue eyes. He has a gap in his front two teeth with freckles covering his face just under his eyes."

"Alright, ma'am. We'll be on the lookout for him."

"Thank you."

Miss Miller brought out a map and pulled out a red sharpy before drawing a circle around one of the parts of the map.

"Most likely, the call came from here. We believe they're in the VIP lounge for Atmos Airlines. Right now, the airport police and the state board of health are the first responders. They've completely shut down the main entrance here." She then gestures to different entrances around the terminal, circling each of them. "And the two side entrances here and here. There are no other routes into the terminal building. We believe our best bet is to fly in by helicopter and enter through the roof. The team should be comprised..."