A Change In The Breeze

I had just watched a man of the law kidnap a child. I was...fuming to say the least. Dereliction of duty first, and Child endangerment second.

"Okay. Key card first. Then that asshole gets what's coming to him.

Making my way toward an unlocked room, I find myself in a dark hallway, lit only by a dim red light. Moving down toward the end, I enter a green door on the left and find a police report and a tin storage box. Opening the box, I find a worn key.

"Better than nothing I suppose. Making my way back to the parking garage, I press a button and watch as one of the patrol cars light up and sounds a slight alarm. Walking up to it, I search the trunk to find a JMB Hp3 pistol with a laser attachment.

Walking toward an open door, I smile. "Must have be where that guy came from." I pick up a news paper and look through it. My eyes landed on a picture of the man who took Sherry. "Police Chief Irons? Why would a police Chief kidnap a little girl?"

Walking toward the elevator, I find myself in need of a key. Leaving the hallway, I make my way toward the one I had just left and decided to move down one of the corridors. However, I hesitated when I heard an all-to familiar raspy snarl. Picking up some herbs, I enter the room to my left and find another licker. Done with these things, I slowly walk toward it, minding my step, and drive my knife into its head and putting a bullet into the side. Afterwards, I take a look at what it was eating: police dogs.

Walking down the hallway, I find the morgue. Searching the containers in the wall, I find consumed flesh and herbs. Turning one of the bodies, I notice how its slumped over. Not taking any chances, I put several bullets in its head before it starts lumbering toward me.

"Shit!"

I fire several more shots.

"The hell is up with you?"

I fire another round into his head, still, he lumbers toward me.

"Bastard!"

Putting one last bullet into his head, his brain goes flying everywhere. Searching the rest of the containers, I find a key. Taking said key, its owner springs forth, scaring the shit out of me. Reacting quickly, I stab it over and over and over and over until he finally goes limp. Going back into the dim hallway, make my way back to the PC's elevator. Finding yet another Licker, I use the new pistol I found and just fired one shot at its head after deliberately making a slightly loud step. It's head exploded, its brain flying everywhere.

Moving down the bloodied corridors, I find myself in a larger kitchen. Walking toward the door, I hear faint rapid footsteps, as though someone is running. Opening the door, I hear a licker. Turning down the next hallway, I find, staring at me, its dark red skin soaked with dripping blood. I see its lidded sockets. All it took was one shot.

Once I'm finally at the elevator, I unlock the office door and approach a locker. Upon opening it, I find a shoulder stock for my launcher. Combining the two, I attach the straps and sling it over my shoulders.

Turning the elevator on, I grab some herbs and leave the room. Using the elevator, I ascend to the upper floor whereupon I discover it to be raining outside, my clothes becoming drenched, slowing me down a bit. Making my way into the office, I find a letter on the PC's desk.

"Police Chief Irons, As thanks for your unwavering support, I have deposited a small sum into your account, to use as you see fit. I hope I can count on you to maintain surveillance over your subordinates, especially the ones who survived that mansion. Get rid of them if you must. - W.B."

I shifted, growing a little curious.

"Police Chief Irons, I ran into some trouble with Umbrella Headquarters. The suits want to take the fruit of my research away. But don't worry, this will all blow over soon. You just keep doing what I tell you to and everything will be alright. - W.B."