By Chimes of Blood, All Is Undone

I can only watch as Sherry runs away in my fading vision. Then, a new voice fills my ears.

"Wake up. Wake up!"

I open my eyes to I see a tall blonde woman staring down at me with a flashlight in my eyes.
"Open your eyes...hold still."

"Not infected...or at least in this case, it has hidden from me."

I slowly sit up. "Sherry? Where's Sherry?"

"Sherry...Sherry's fine."

"Do you know Sherry?" I ask only for the mystery woman to ignore me.

"Was an impressive display of strength."

"What happened to her?" I ask only to be ignored again.

"We have to assess the situation," she says as she walks off.

I turn to look at her as she examines the elevator. "Who are you? I'm Claire."

"I didn't foresee this."

"Excuse me...where is she? Hello?"

"What?' Oh...Annette. Tell me, what happened to William?"

"I don't know. Who's...who's that?"

"The creature responsible for this."

"What?" I asked, curious yet horrified.

"Can you help me find Sherry?"

"It seems to be evolving father than I expected."

As she walks off, I ask, "where are you going?"

"Look, I don't have time to play twenty questions. Everything's under control."

"I need to find Sherry!"

"My daughter is not your concern," she says before slamming the door in my face.

I stand there dumbfounded. "Sherry's her daughter?" Looking around the room, I ask myself aloud, "where did Sherry go?"

Wandering into the the office next door, I find a small box of .357 rounds and a report nailed to a white board.

"Report...About G. The G Virus clinical trial will be entering its final stage very soon. Before G, the creature that will surpass Humans-is born, allow me to predict a few things about its biology and biological functions. Intelligence. The subject's intelligence will begin to drop immediately, with their linguistic abilities disappearing in a matter of days. Finally, they will lose their capacity to reason and their Humanity. G will be a creature of pure instinct, driven only by the a need to survive and reproduce. Physical abilities. Due to its unusually accelerated cell division-evolution-it will be highly adaptable to any environment. Furthermore, with its amazing ability to repair itself through regeneration, it will be extremely difficult to completely kill it with any conventional firepower. Reproductive behavior. G's most remarkable behavior is its intense desire to reproduce." My hand subconsciously drifts to my belly. "It will instinctively search out Humans with DNA closest matches its own and implant an embryo in them. But the success chances are very low and if the DNA is not close enough of a match, an underdeveloped G creature will be produced instead. I suppose the only ones who might be close enough of a match would be any biological children of the subject. Though..."

I find myself disgusted by this woman. Though I notice the pudge just above my crotch has grown...I feel fuller below. My abdomen is very...firm. I can't help but feel a strange sense of pride of this strange bump. My mind is terrified, but my heart is overjoyed.

Leaving the room, I walk over to the elevator and jump down. Soon enough, I find myself in a lit corridor. "Sherry? Can you hear me?"

Making my way below, I find myself in the sewers. With soft groan I wade through. "Well, now I'm gonna smell like shit...literally." I shudder a little. The showers I'm gonna need.