𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗Thank you so much for 10k reads aidjwiw and over 290 votes!! It means a lot to me and this is my 10k read special for Wattpad and my one hundred follower special for my Tumblr even though I'm over 100 followers lat...

Thank you so much for 10k reads aidjwiw and over 290 votes!! It means a lot to me and this is my 10k read special for Wattpad and my one hundred follower special for my Tumblr even though I'm over 100 followers late 😭

╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 12/09/2023

warnings: angst, no comfort, gore

‧͙⁺-ˋˏto reach for love and say I love youˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

The island within the sky was so far...so far out of reach that when his bloodied hand reached for the skies, he could only feel his weight grow heavier...the smell of bitter iron suffocating him, reminding him of the wounds that seeped through his once vibrant green tunic and staining it in the harsh truth of what has become of him.

"My comrades...my love...my body grows heavy yet my soul shall be with you always", his voice was raspy, aching and dried from laying beneath the scalding sun against a rock that's now bloodied from his fate. His blue eyes hazy, slowly drooping closed every few seconds as they glanced towards the climbing island that reaches for heavens...his heart grows heavy as it slows with every breath, "in truth...I wish I could've gone with you instead...in truth I wished a different fate, one that was my own...one that's with my love that conquers all I know."

His tired, dreary voice echoes through the empty forest that's splattered in the blood of those who have fallen...their corpses littering the soil that's now damp from their death - the smell vile and reeking of stinking flesh...the smell of war - but in the distance, approaches a figure that walks between the towering trees, his eyes widening as he recognises that smell and silhouette from anywhere, "y/n..."

He tried to get up but he couldn't, he could hardly feel anything while his blood slowly slips away from his body, pooling around him, his head staring up at the person whose everything he knows - his heart, his soul, his being and his tragic existence...his breathing growing shallower and quicker...swear dribbling down his skin, his once light-golden locke brown and red from the liquid that drenches it...his eyes staring into your own in disbelief, "w-what are you doing here, my star?"

His breath hitched as he felt your fingers delicately stroke his cheek, causing him to desperately lean into your touch as he closed his eyes.

"I love you", you whispered with a warm smile, allowing Link to gaze at you once again with a dying yet fluttering heart, "I love you too...my star that litters the skies as black as the pits of the death I soon shall meet...please do not mourn for know that I will be with you in memory and heart..." his voice trailed away before he coughed, choking on some blood that made its way past his throat...your body and smile slowly flickering like a ghost that's walking through a wall...his eyes drooping as his hand reached for your own...only to feel nothing but the emptiness that now plagues his mind...

"I love you", Hylia heard him whisper while she slowly approaches before lowering herself down and cradling his limp body...her eyes closing as her tears fell from her sacred eyes, "your love shall never forget you, for you shall be reborn alongside her soul...hero Link...a being with a courageous soul unlike any I've seen...y/n shall be yours and you shall be theirs forever...farewell my chosen one, may your sleep bring you dreams of home..." Hylia closed her eyes...her own tears fall and grace the paling skin of the hero she now holds to her chest.

A smile still rests upon his face from the thought of a child he wishes to have had.

Edited 12/09/2023