𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗Happy 500 reads and 21 votes everyone!! Thank you so much for reading and voting on my story, it really means a lot to me guys! And I just had a thought to try something different! Especially with Fierce Deity! He ...

Happy 500 reads and 21 votes everyone!! Thank you so much for reading and voting on my story, it really means a lot to me guys! And I just had a thought to try something different! Especially with Fierce Deity! He definitely needs more content out there, especially with his past and what the mask even is about! I have a feeling that him and Majora were definitely enemies but Fierce is the only one who is stronger than Majora and the one who could defeat him forever!
Anyways! Onto the oneshot!

╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 08/07/2023

warnings: angst, thriller?

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ Valuable Itemˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

A crackle of thunder echoed through the night, the rain pelting down onto the earth below as it drooled down the misted windows of all the houses within Termina. The flashes of the sizzling lightning casted a shadow across the grassy fields, the way the silver streaks tore through the clouds soothed me as I slowly stirred awake - my curtains twirling around at the icy breath that slithered through the crack of my open window.

Slowly, I pushed aside my duvet, climbing out of the softness of my bed and treading my way across the room. And with a yawn, I rubbed my eyes as the tiredness began to seep its way into my mind again, telling me to go back to bed despite the chilliness that crawled inside. I shook my head at that, feeling the cool wetness between my toes while my fingers wrapped around the legde of the window before pulling it down with a thud, my curtains coming to a slow still.

I found myself curiously glancing out towards the blackened fields, searching through the night for the lights of Clock Town, but only to see their dim, yellow glow flicker far ahead - a sigh slipping past my lips as I turned around and began my walk back to bed, hoping for the dream of the menacing moon to end - just like it did a few years ago due to a child hero that saved us all from its smiling doom. I shivered at the memory.

Just as I was abot to crawl into the warmth of my mattress, a slither of silver cackled above - the thunder causing my house to rattle from it's defeaning howl, but what caused the skin of my neck to crawl...was the heavy knocks that banged against my door. Another after another, the knocks never ended. I could only grab onto the coolness of my bedroom door handle before twisting it anti-clockwise, feeling the iciness of its metal burn into my fingertips after I pushed open the door.

My small, usually candle-lit home filled with nothing but the darkness that covered the sky, causing my heart to stammer in my chest in fear of what awaits for me on the other side of the door. So, I quickly drew out a knife from my draw, grasping its cold handle in a tightness that whitened my nuckles - my breaths wavering.

"Who...who is it?", I called while leaning forward towards the door, readening my knife in fear they dare to knock it down, but the only answer I was left with - was the silence before another whipping crack of lightning echoed through the sky. My anxiety slowly worsening after every lingering second. I cleared my throat, "Is there anyone there? Are you alright?"

Silence.

After glancing out through the side window, I couldn't see anything beyond the light mist that rose from the sogging ground, causing a frown to make its way across my face. And with a deep inhale, I slid my keys into the golden lock of the door before twisting them until the subtle click could be hear. I closed my eyes, finding the mental strength within me to help push the door open, only to find none. I inwardly sighed at that, a few curses spilling past my lips as I pushed it open after hesitanting for a few seconds.

Nothing. Just as I expected. Nothing but the rain that began to pool its way in and kiss the blushed skin of my cheeks - an annoyed groan waiting to edge its weight out of my throat. But just as I was about to close my door, a sight of an object resting against my door mat caught my eye. The way its whitened colour shimmered with every graze of lightening, the intricate red and blue markings made my eyes widen in fascination - its carved hair whiter than the streaks of snow.

'...But who would leave such a valuable item outside my door?'

That was the question that bothered me most as I sat here in my newly lit bedroom, my legs folded beneath one another while my eyes studied the mask. The material of it was unlike any I have felt before, its smooth to touch and oddly delicate - similar to that of a porcelain doll. I twirled it around my fingers, watching the way the orangey flames danced off the whiteness of the eyes as I now found myself tracing the intricate designs of the cheeks, following the red with my fingertip, "Such a fascinating little thing you are." I brought it near my face, hoping to feel how its texture against me as though I were in a trance - but suddenly, I shook my head with widened eyes, dropping the mask onto my duvet before bringing my knees to my chest in fear, 'What...what was that?'

The pull to it was unlike any I have ever felt, the vibrations of its magic tainting my finger tips in a twirl of seduction, begging me to put it on and release the pain that swirls within it. But what would come of it if I did...?

That was the question that tore through my mind.

I placed the mask onto my bedside table, my eyes staring at it for longer than I would've liked. And with that, I pushed it further away from me with my index finger in fear that it would somehow awaken and come to life. I lifted my duvet and crawled beneath it, wrapping it around me securely in hopes to find salvation and comfort wifhin its warmth. But I never did.

"It has been a while, my love."

I felt the softness of someone's lip trace themselves against the skin of my neck, causing my eyes to widen.

"Remember me..."

Edited 08/07/2023

Also, I tried to draw Link in Studio Ghibli style :') maybe I should start drawing him in this style more often!