𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝)

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗breadeaternom I'm really sorry that I wasn't as as good as you wanted it to be, I've been so busy today and I will be for the rest of the week and more :') But I was really excited to write this because I'm a simp ...

breadeaternom I'm really sorry that I wasn't as as good as you wanted it to be, I've been so busy today and I will be for the rest of the week and more :') But I was really excited to write this because I'm a simp for legend, four and Hyrule :D Thank you for making a request with me!
╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 03/08/2023

warnings: smidget of angst? fluff

‧͙⁺-ˋˏmaybe soonˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

He couldn't help but watch the way you laughed along side Wind, listening to his tales of pranks he had made upon the group before your arrival, and your smile could only widen towards the teenager and his expressive use of hands - Legend's own clenching at the sight of you...at the sight of your brightening smile that twisted his deemed, prickly heart with its tender warmth.

He wants you to smile at him like that.

With a huff, he quickly dismissed the thought, rolling his eyes before bringing them to stare into the blazing heat of the fire beneath Wild's Cooking pot as they had now landed in his Hyrule again - meaning that they were all huddled beneath the tree that lies before his home upon some laid out logs, the chatter quiet like the twirling embers that fluttered into the darkening night, but only for a certain nudge of his shoulder to quickly bring him back to the reality and the concerned voice of his comrade, Warriors, "You alright, Leg?" The said man could only nod with a huff, "As good as a tasty apple." Warriors' brow furrowed at that before shrugging and fixing the position of his striking blue scarf while side glancing his brother-at-arms with a somewhat knowing look, "Well, we're here if you need to talk about it." Legend nodded, softening his eyes at the hero beside him, "I appreciate that."

He could only sight after that as he picked up a twig that laid by his feet among the fallen leaves of the tree, his frown deepening while he began to prod away at the fire - only to feel something land upon his head, causing him to hiss and watch it fall down to his feet...his eyes narrowing.

It's...an acron.

"Alright, who through that", he spoke through gritted teeth, grabbing the attention of those around him before landing his eyes upon you and Wind who seem to have nothing but guild splayed across their faces. Of course, who else could it be - his mood only worsening as the embarrassment of now being in the spotlight slithered up his spine, "What-" "I'm sorry! I was aiming for the apple, not your head! I didn't know my aim would be that off...", You quickly spluttered up. Legend watched the way you quickly strode over to him and began to fix his hair.

The other heroes either humming in knowing or quietly snickering at the scene.

But that's not at all what Legend's thinking about because oh Goddesses, when did this feel so nice...the way your hands knittered their way through his blonde locks made his cheeks only darken and his heart to quicken and with that, came his hand smacking against your own in hopes you'd stop because if you didn't - he'd explode and spill everything he's been so keen on keeping only to himself.

And he won't let this change that either.

You quickly took a step back, whispering sorrys every few seconds while rubbing away the reddish mark that grazes the top of your hand with an embarrassed smile. "Whoa, you okay Darlin'?", Twilight quickly asked, leaning his elbow against his knee as his deep, blue eyes glanced between you and Legend (who's as still as the trunk of a tree and as red as a hearty raddish) before sighing after you said it's fine with a dismissive wave of your hand and an awkward laugh.

You didn't like to be in the spotlight either and the eyes that were staring at you made you shrink back to your spot with Wind and prod away at the fire with your own little twig, feeling the way Time sighed beside you as Warriors shook his head, "Well, that ended quickly."

Wild cleared his throat, "Food?"

You quickly nodded before making your way towards Four and suddenly kneeling down beside him, causing his brow to rise in question and for a small smile to grace his features - but your panic look quickly turned it upside down. "I embarrassed myself like an idiot in front of him", you quietly whine into your hands before he could even say anything, "it was Wind's idea after all...to accidentally throw something at him and then coo away the wound! Gah, so stupid...I knew he wouldn't have reacted the way Wind had said he would...you even said he likes me but now - I don't know."

He watches the way you fiddle with Legend's magical rings that adorned your fingers, feeling the coolness that warmed your skin in knowing it was given to you by him. The man who captured your heart with his sarcastic jokes and prickly mouth...the man who was often lenient towards you during your journeys together only to not have embarrassed yourself in front of him, but to make him feel awkward and weird! "It's fine", Four shrugged while placing a hand upon your shoulder, "it was just an acorn anyway. Plus, you're overthinking and making the situation a lot worse than it is..."

He smiled at you, ruffling your hair as his name was called up for his turn to be given food - leaving you alone with your thoughts...your cheeks only flushing at the truth of his words. And with that, you stood up, grabbing your bowl from your log and making your way towards the fire where Wild is smiling away as he dished every ones own bow with his fresh, herby stew - your own smile making its way across your face.

You're quickly shaken from your thoughts by a familiar, warming presence standing awkwardly beside you, shuffling his feet while his cheeks could only redden.

Your body stiffened, only for him to frown at that...his eyes slowly trailing towards the hand printed mark left upon your skin- his breath hitching, "Was that...did I do that just now? I didn't think-" You shyly grinned at him, watching the way his eyes were now boring into your own, "It's fine, I should've asked first and I'm sorry about the acorn thing." He frowned, glancing away towards Warriors who gave him a small encouraged smile, his spoon quickly making its way to his mouth after that. He took in a deep breath, "You kno-" "y/n, your turn", Wild spoke, catching both your attention, causing you to give Leg a sympathetic look before making your way closer towards Wild, offering him your bowl with a widening grin - his own smile widening unlike Legend's whose eyes could only fall from the sight.

Your smile slowly dropped at the way Legend's face seemed to be filled with some sort of distress, your heart clenching at the sight. You couldn't take it anymore, "Leg!", You quickly called, his eyes rising to find you occupying Warriors spot - unaware that he moved to your own while your smile was the brightest he'd ever seen directed at him, his heart twisting in glee. "Come sit with me when you get your food! I want to tell you something I know you'd like!" His blue eyes softened at the sight of you, your excitement and an enthusiasm grinding away the prickly needles that cover his heart.

A new found hope crawling its way in while he could only mirror your happiness with his own.

'...Maybe soon, I'll tell you how I feel, my clumsy rabbit.'

Edited 02/08/2023