𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫)

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗

This book is now officially one month old! Can you believe it!? Time really flies by guys and it's scary in a way :')

Anyways! Sorry for not posting a chapter earlier, I wanted to plan it so it'll come out today! Which in my time is now 27th of July!
I literally can't believe we also hit 3k reads in total and nearly 140 votes! Plus I'm at like 26 followers now wtf!?

This chapter is on Four from Linked Universe because man's is adorable and he's a kickass blacksmith - even tho he's a smol bean ^•^ He deserves some more love too so here we go!

Thank you so much for reading and for all of your beautiful comments and votes and for adding my story! It really means a lot guys!

╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 27/07/2023

warnings: fluff, comfort

‧͙⁺-ˋˏcome homeˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

Night had graced the sleeping land as the embers of the smelting forge littered the skies in its tiny ashes, bathing the icy air in its warmth while the one within grinds his hammer down upon the seething metal - shaping it against the anvil.

The sound of iron against iron echoes through the walls of our humble, cozy home.

I always find myself smiling at the thought of him creating a new weapon or even the simplest of things such as a tiny bolt that we would need in order to replace the older one of our dining table or to even fixing our little bookshelf - just the sight of him in a sleeveless undershirt would always cause this giddiness in me to rise.

The way his biceps would flex and bulge with every smack of a hammer against an object, the way his muscles tighten themselves around his abdomen as his golden locks would pool around his shoulders while sticking to the dribbling sweat of his forehead always made the giddiness within me to swirl in a childlike excitement...as well as the sight of him doing such... mundane things can make my heart flutter like none could ever.

And with that in mind, I made my way from the comfort of my chair and grabbed a glass, filling it with some spare water from the jug we recently refilled before placing it upon a tiny tray - and adding a few of his favourite biscuits of course...even though they're quite bland tasting in my opinion. I inwardly chuckled at that, quickly shaking my head at that before making my way towards our front door and pushing it open with the help of my shoulder.

The iciness of the darkening air twisting its way round me, begging to invade the warmth that comforts our tiny home.

I carefully made my way towards the blazing and sizzling heat of his forge, making sure I don't drop any of the cookies or accidentally spill any of the water due to my somewhat clumsiness I often find myself in...all because of my thoughts of him and his handsome kindness - and with that, I walked towards the sizzling heat near where be stands in curiosity, watching the way Link's muscles stretched beneath the skin of his sweaty biceps as he hammered the long piece of burning metal against the blackened anvil, shaping it with such delicacy that it made my heart swoon and flutter in my chest.

But only for me to gently clear my throat and tap my boot against the cemented wall in hopes to grab his attention.

To which it didn't. I lowkey frowned at that, nearly being distracted with the way his neatly tied hair was wet from his perspiration - along with the tightness of his old sleeveless tunic hugging at his waist as though he were a river meant to quinch its thirst. I quickly shook my head, clearing my throat again before rolling my eyes, "...Link." Slowly, he lowered his hammer, glancing at me from over his broadened shoulder with a soft, small smile spreading across his lips.

I inwardly huffed at the sight of him, "I brought you some water and cookies, thought you might need it but from the bags beneath your eyes, I think you'll need to take a break from smithing now until tomorrow morning because it's already late." He somewhat frowned at that, shaking his head, "I can't, I must finish this, love." I rolled my eyes, placing the tray upon his small workbench before slyly making my way towards him, "You work too much, honey. It's unhealthy." He flinched at the feeling of my arms suddenly wrapping around him from behind, my head pressing against his shoulder, "I also missed you today...you've been so busy. I'm worried that you'll tire yourself out." He sighed, leaning himself into me as he turned his head to peck my forehead in a light, chaste kiss, "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but this is a commission I was sent from the Castle...I don't want to disappoint them."

I placed my lips against his dribbling neck, feeling the way he tensed as I gently kissed his skin, "You're the best blacksmith I have ever seen", I softly kissed him again, "the most talented", I slowly made my way up to his jaw, hearing a quiet sigh slip past his lips before kissing him again, "You could never disappoint anyone, you've done so much for Hyrule, for your new found friends and for...me. You're too perfect. Incredible."

Link stiffened as my hands made their way up to his chest before resting there, pulling him into me, "you're incredible." I then bit the sensitive skin of his earlobe - his moan came out quiet and breathy with a hint of a whine sneaking through. I smirked at that, "So please, come home. I want to spoil you with my love." Link's hazy smile widened while he turned around to face me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into the sturdiness of his lean chest, "I don't deserve you." He sighed in defeat, giving me a nod and a warm smile, "okay, I'll come home."

"Good!", I cheered before pressing my lips against his own, feeling the way he shuddered into me as my teeth nibbled on the skin of his lower one - a whimper slithering its way from his mouth and into my own before I cheekily peeled myself away, allowing a string of saliva to connect us as one, "if you hurry up, I'll give you more than a relaxing bath." His eyes widened as he quickly let go of me and began to scramble around his forge with a new found energy that caused me to chuckle. "I'll be there in a sec!", he yelled. "See you then honey", I waved at him, noticing his bright blue eyes misted in love, "I love you and I'll see you now, my beautiful angel of a wife."

'Goddesses can't even explain how much I love you, y/n.'

Edited 26/07/2023

Short and sweet, I low-key simp for him more than I would've thought and I ain't complaining. Legend and Hyrule too, please just rail me-