𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭/𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐: 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰/𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

published 27/06/2023

warnings: fluff

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ A Champion's Balladˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

The warmth of the sand caused me to close my eyes and savour its longing comfort as the gentle waves of the sea rolled over its tiny, grainy hills in reassurance of its companionship. And the way the deep blue waters glistened under the golden rays of the sun was a sight of true and raw beauty that could even whisk the breath of a simple man away with its awestruck power.

The dawning sun began its slow descent through the surrounding, grassy hills that are filled with flowers of every colour while the wooden blades of the windmills ahead slowly stirred from the summer's morning breath. A sight I've missed during my time at the sand-bathed town - the nostalgia causing a soft smile to curl upon my lips as I laid down upon the sandy grains of the small beach, closing my eyes before allowing my fingers to dig into its scratchy softness. These were the quiet moments I missed...the moments where no thoughts would fill my mind, a place where the shy, crystalline eyes of the stranger wouldn't fill my mind all over again. The way when our skin would sizzle and electrify at every touch and how our hands melted together as one...the skin and eyes of no one but a stranger that captured my heart at first sight.

I inwardly groaned at that thought, my fingers clutching onto the piles of sand that laid beneath my palm in hopes to ground myself back down the reality I was now living in - not the dream that I so hoped to be real. I opened my eyes at that, only to be met with the pale blue of the early morning sky as little specks of clouds were scattered about, all lingering in place as though it were an order from the sun itself with the way its vibrant pink and orange colours tore through the air like a sharpened knife through the skin of a palm fruit. An odd yet fresh feeling about it.

My hand reached out towards the sky, grasping it in hopes to find the comfort I needed to calm my erractic heart that became startled at the thought and memory of her as we danced along to the melody of the violin that happily sang - my cheeks warming up at the thought of her hips against mine and the softness of her calloused fingers against my fingertips. Goddesses, I need to get up. She's not coming nor will she ever, and even if she did, I wouldn't recognise her without her veil. This is the truth I must accept. That I have to accept. Esaru and Touvute would probably be laughing at my inner conflict. I smiled, I should write to them soon again...it has been a few days since the last letter we have exchanged.

As the sun rested upon the slope of the hill, I pushed myself up from the sand, dusting the tiny specks of grain off the thin material of my tunic and breeches before gathering my shoes into my arms, the softness of the sand tickling the skin between my toes. I sighed, feeping content with the quietness of my mind as I slowly began my walk towards the slope - my feet sinking into the sand.