𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭/𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑: 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

published 08/07/2023

warnings: heavy angst with a happy ending? :D

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ Eventually˚⁺‧͙

"Did...Did I - we, have a child?"

I felt his muscles tense from the question, his arms tightening their hold around me while his heart quickened its pace, "...Yes." My eyes widened. I tried to sit back but his hold on me was far too strong for me to even fight back, "Please, tell me what happened Fierce. Tell me..." I was fearing the worst, feeling the way my heart raced and my head quickly spin. "I'm sorry." I pushed him back, tears spilling from my eyes as I sat upright - ignoring the pain that filled my body, "What do you mean you're sorry! Fierce, I swear to the Goddesses if you don't-"

A single tear fell from his eye, his lips downturned at the memory that replayed in his mind, "You were both taken by me. I had failed my duty as the protector of Termina. I failed to defeat the enemy. And as punishment for my betrayel, the Golden Goddesses tore you both away from me. I don't know what became of you and our son, but you both were alive until you were rumoured to have died of an illness. Our son followed not too long after. I suppose it was the Goddesses' way of making sure I'd never steal you from them again."

He sat up with a frown, staring into my misted window and watching the way the shadows shifted past every few seconds, "but you both lived a long life to say the least. I am glad you both did. Though I'll never forgive myself for missing out on our child's life. Never."

His words rang with poison as they hissed through his clenched teeth, "And I'll never forgive those damned Goddesses." My eyes widened, my breathing calming down before I wrapped my arms around him, "I'm glad we had our child and it wasn't your fault, I may not remember much yet, but I know for a fact that he loved you very much. Just like I do." And with that, he crumbled into my arms, burying himself into the crook of my neck as his cries rang through my ears - my own lip trembling, fearing the question that I must now ask, "but forgive me for asking you this now, but what will come of us after this...?"

He buried his head into my neck, clinging onto me with all he has, "I'll be nothing but a mask that can only watch over you for a certain amount of time...as this was my last wish to ever be granted by the Goddesses. A wish they had promised me centuries ago, along with two others. The first being to have you by my side for all eternity, the second for our son to be born safely while no harm would come to you during your delivery and my third...is being able to spend one more night with you before my destiny and duty to my mask returns."

My hands grabbed a hold of his cheeks in fear of losing him again, in fear of never being able to see him again, "So...so you're leaving again? You're leaving me?" I couldn't stop myself from holding onto him, staining his pale neck in my tears, "but what will happen to me, what's going to happen to me and you? To us?" I felt his arms wrap around me own, his heart beating with my own, "You'll be free of your tie to my soul. You'll live on and forget about me. That is the cruel fate the Godesses have bestowed upon our love. A fate you'll never remember after this life."

I shook my head, "...You knew! You knew this was going to happen so-so you used me now, to make me fall in love with you one last time to satisfy your heartbreak, only for you to leave me with nothing but a broken heart. You son of a bitch!" I hissed through clenched teeth. He shook his head, grabbing a hold of my wrist that was about to reach his cheek, "No. No. I gave you something more. Something that'll stay with you until the end of your days. A child."

"...What?", I whispered, feeling his hand press against my stomach, a smile gracing his trembling lips, "My seed will make you pregnant after tonight. I knew your cycle before and it's still the same now. You'll have a beautiful girl and she'll grow up to be just like you while I can only watch you through the eyes of my mask for the first few years before I must be taken away again. My soul is what made that mask, my regrets. But I know that one day...one day, we'll be together again as a family. Have faith in me my love. Have faith in me..."

If I had known that this was my last night with him, I would have thrown that mask away as soon as I picked it up - but I know for a fact that that's also a lie. Eventually, his mask was no longer there after our little girl took her first steps. Eventually we had left our little home for Clock Town and eventually, I grew old and married someone I never loved - all in hopes to rid the man with eyes so white that I could see my broken reflection stare right back at me.

Eventually, our daughter left for a land called Hyrule and a met a man there who then became a Knight whose name was Link - the son of the Child Hero. And eventually...my soul had left this world in hopes to find the soul that was once tied to my own all those years ago. Searching for him before the light inside me finally faded into nothing.

And...I did. I eventually found him again.

Edited 08/07/2023

think I made this mini series too dark... :') It was supposed to turn out lighthearted and then I went a bit...crazy. I'm sorry if I didn't handle the topics too well, I'll try my best in the future!

AND NO MORE ANGST FOR A WHILE!! YAY! I was in my angsty stage and accidentally dragged you all in it with me too, I'm sorry! :'D I have a cute fluffy idea ready to be released soon! Tehe, I'm just debating on which Link I want to write it on! ^.^

Note: I'm not very experienced in writing smut as well...so I hope I did it justice!