𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗Holy shit!! 1

Holy shit!! 1.36k reads and 70 votes already?? Guys this is crazy, omg. Thank you all so so much for all your support and lovely comments! It really means a lot to me and I never thought I'd get so many reads, votes and comments!!

And I'm sorry if this chapter isn't my best, but I wanted to write something quickly so you all can have a little oneshot of Dark today! He needs more love even though this is really cringe in my eyes :D
╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 15/07/2023

warnings: blood, fluff and tinge of angst??

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ just call me Darkˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

Fireflies fluttered through the shadows of the forest while the air held a touch of iciness that lingered on the tip of my tongue as the moon's rays drooled across the shadowy landscape that surrounds me.

I watched the clouds as they gently dragged themselves across the blackness of the sky, the songs of crickets filling the darkened depths with their melodies. I closed my eyes at that, savouring the sounds that brought me peace. The cool grass tickling my wrists.

"I wish I could stay out here forever", I sighed before sitting up right and dusting my hands upon the material of my breeches while I slightly shivered at the cold breeze that slithered across my neck. My horse snorted at that, stomping her hoofs into the black, dewy soil with a shake of head - her tail flicking in apprehension.

I frowned at that. "What's wrong girl?", I asked as I made my way towards her, reaching for her old, leathery reins that were wrapped around the lower branches of an aged tree to untie them. "It's alright. We're going to be leaving now", she nudged her snout into my shoulder at that...as though she was urging me to quicken my pace. I wonder what's making her so nervous, I don't hear or feel anything that can make her react like this.

I sighed as I began to untie the reins, her head pressing itself into my shoulder before a loud neigh filled my ears - my breath hitching, "Move...and I'll slit your throat." The icy metal of a blade was quickly pressed against my throat, causing my skin to prickle in fear while the sharpness scraped against me, "I don't have any rupees on me." A pained groan slithered past the stranger's mouth while the murmuring shouts of men and the galloping of horses began to quietly echo through the forest, "I don't want your stupid rupees. I need you to ride us out of here damnit." His voice was deep as he seethed through his teeth, my horse began struggling against the rein in fear and unease.

"Untie her and get on first."

Shakily, I worked my hands around the reigns, successfully freeing them while my mare struggled against my hold, "It's-It's okay girl. Everything is going to be alright", I whispered while the edge of the blade was itching itself into my skin, "Get on. Now!" I quickly nodded, my eyes closing.