Infatuation, Devistation

Hihi ;3 short and sweet (coughcoughsad) one cuz teehee :D
—————————————————————————

Light Steve. He was perfect, as least in most people's eyes. Strong, handsome, protective, loyal. He was a natural leader. Compassionate yet firm when needed. 

Sabre admired him, far more than the typical steve would. Though, he didn't feel like 'admire' could really get across just how he felt. No, no words could, if he had to be honest. He could write pages upon pages, meshing words to form heartfelt sentences trying to convey just how he felt about the near-albino, but nothing would work. And he could tell you exactly that, if he weren't so ashamed about it. You could figure it out for yourself as well, if you were to snatch one of the many discarded balls of paper off the floor that had missed the can, tossed away in frustration that he couldn't word his thoughts properly.

If he had to pick, 'infatuated' would probably work best.  Maybe 'smitten'. He knew that other steves knew. They'd toss knowing looks his way whenever he was around the frosty haired steve. Or they'd randomly bring him up in conversations just to spark a reaction from the player.

The worst part, he thinks, is that Light knows too. Light knows, and knows the player knows he knows. Why wouldn't he know? The captain had brought it up to the brunette himself.

"Friends don't look at each other like that," he'd said out of nowhere. Sabre had been staring at him fondly as he talked, on his break and using his precious time to sit with Sabre on his couch. The brunette would frown and look away, ignoring the way his face flushed.

"But we both know we can't be more than that," he'd reply forlornly. Light would stay silent, merely leaning back with a small nod.

Because why could they be? Light was a captain, someone with an important duty to protect the city. Sabre had to run around and solve problems between the steves and random issues that couldn't just let the peace be. Time was limited between them. Of course they tried spending what little free time they had together, but they both knew it wouldn't be nearly enough. The few minutes they rarely got between duties would practically have them in a long-distance relationship.

That knowledge wouldn't stop Light from scooting over and pulling Sabre into an apologetic hug, the two muttering between themselves about how sorry they were and how they wished it could work.

—————————————————————————

I love hurting these idiots :3 I think I already said this but the next few will probably be short ;p ALSO I LIKE THIS ONE I feel like I worded things not as bad as I usually do HEHEHE >:)

Words: 411 I thinks
Time: idk maybe 45 mins or so :3