Mourning, Greiving. Properly, this Time.

HELLO HELLO, MYMYMY WHAT HAVE WE HERE? 🥳

So I was up till like 8am writing things because nothing on my phone was working, which was both a blessing and a curse. I feel like I write better when it's ungodly hours in the morning and I haven't slept 🧍‍♂️

Anyways, Sabre never really gets to mourn over his friends properly, because something else always comes up and he has to move on to help others. So I took it upon myself to help him get that chance, and also sprinkle in more angst 🥰

Enjoy~
—————————————————————————

The player stood in front of the large stone with a heavy heart. Flowers of several kinds and colors laid in front, on the sides, in the grass around. A few handmade, specialized trinkets laid around it. Names were carved into the stone with care. So many names, names of people he was never allowed to properly mourn for. Names of people he never got to apologize to. Apologize for not trying hard enough, for not being better. For not saving them.

Rainbow Steve, Orange Steve. The Great Librarian. Dark Steve. Galaxy Steve, even though he didn't know him very well. He still watched his combust without trying to do much of anything to help.

Indigo Steve. Nightmare Steve, Yellow Steve now. Red Steve, the one in the very beginning of his journey here. The steves he had killed when he wasn't in control. Something he logically knew wasn't his fault, but something he would never forgive himself for, and something he could only wish those who he'd wrong would.

The list went on.

Designs were carved into the stone, special ones beside each name. Some along the sides of the stone.

A blank area remained, one for future names. Names he so desperately wished, but knew would find a place there. One day or another. Soon, or far into the future.

He kneeled to the ground, laying more flowers down. Gripping his pant legs, he shook. He choked, and then sobbed. He laid his head to the ground, clasping his hands together and laying them in front of his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he choked, repeating it like a mantra.

"I-I should have done better. It's- all my fault. If I had just tried a li-little harder. Put in more work. Took thi-ngs more seriously. I-If I-" he choked again, sobbing loudly. He squeezed his hands together tighter, nearly to a bruising degree. He apologized again. Then again. Then again, and again, and again, until the only words he knew were ones of deep regret and sorrow.

His throat ached, but he continued. Rasping out pathetic apology after apology. His eyes burned and his face felt gross as his nose ran. He ignored it, pushing away selfish feelings for the more important task at hand. Begging for forgiveness.

He cried for who knows how long, remaining in that bowed position even as it began pouring. He was thoroughly soaked and shivering in more than his own anguish in a matter of minutes. He ignored it. Ignored the way his clothes stuck to his skin. Ignored the thought that he could get a cold from staying out here, cold and soaked for however long he'd been, and will continue to be.

There was no time for selfish thoughts. Selfish thoughts are what get others hurt, killed. Selfish thoughts are what lost so many he held dear, and wishes he could hold just one last time.

He begged and cried to the stone for hours. His legs and arms felt numb. His throat was raw and he could no longer speak, but kept mouthing apologies and begs regardless. His eyes ached, and he could no longer cry, no matter how hard he tried. If he wasn't crying, was he truly sorry? Why couldn't he cry? Surely his pathetic body held enough water to cry, to continue begging for forgiveness.

A warmth laid itself over Sabre. He looked up, for the first time in hours. Time, without his signature jacket, looked down at him sympathetically, then at the grave. Sabre looked as well, staring longingly even as Time sighed and picked him up gingerly. He stared as Time began walking the two away, dryly sobbing into the tallers shoulder.

Maybe one day, his name would join them on that very stone, and he'd be able to bow and beg at their feet properly.

—————————————————————————

Hehe I love hurting him so much 🤭 I mean what noo my boy oh you poor thing 😔

Anyways this was meant to be posted earlier this morning but it wasn't working even after i waited like 3 hours ;(

Words: 645
Time: Around 32 mins