Time's End

I wanted to hurt them a lot so I did :3 this was meant to be more of an emotional in depth for Sabre regarding Times death but I dragged it again I think but augh whatever I'm not changing it ;-;

Hope it still does well tho 😼

TW:
Death
Blood
Murder
Fighting
Injuries
Nothings in too much detail I don't think, so :) lmk if there's more I need to list I suck w tws lmfaoo
—————————————————————————

A sharp ringing took over most of the players senses. He groaned, blinking rapidly. His vision wavered and shook, nearly sending him to the rough ground as he stumbled. The sounds of fireball explosions and lightning snapped him back to his current predicament. He gasped, stumbling away from a lightning strike that nearly hit him.

"I've- I've gotta get out of here- agh-" he groaned, staggering back from a burning crater. He looked around, holding his head with one hand as the movement nearly made him barf. Stepping on some of the few remains of the path, he inhaled sharply and flinched back at the deep ravine splitting its way though. Lava bubbled at the bottom, popping up like it would snatch him and drag him down the second he got close enough. Time and Elemental were duking it out, streams of fireballs being hurled and lightning striking randomly in a panic.

"Wh- what happened?! Ohh no.." he panted, cradling his probably broken arm, if the spike of pain at any slight jostle was anything to go by. The ringing still persisted, drilling into his mind like an unbreaking pickaxe. He could feel blood trickle down his forehead and some on his ear, an uncomfortable sticky feeling on his feathers. Moving around the small holes in the ground, he walked - stumbled his way around the ravine to the other side. The need to check on everyone stapling itself to the front of his mind.

He whined as he stepped up a small incline, rubbing at his head as he drifted a little closer to the wall just in case.

"Snap out of it. Come on, Sabre, snap out of it." he repeated, breaking his mantra as he looked up to see the two brothers trading blow after blow pretty closely. He staggered further into the center of the ruined village, pausing momentarily to catch his breath when his leg decided to make its reluctance to keep moving clearer.

The two steves got closer, whipping past him with gusts of air as they threw punch after punch. Time ran past, both him and Sabre narrowly dodging another stream of fireballs.

"Time. Time! No-" Sabre called weakly, curling into himself slightly as he watched two of the fireballs hit Time. A Violet Steve nearby whimpered, huddling closer to a tree for some semblance of protection. Sabre moved closer, warning them to stand back further.

"Time- Time, Time!" the player repeated, jerking out the way as Time crashed into the ground, followed closely behind by another stream of fireballs.

"Time!" he yelled as Elemental ran past him, moving behind his downed brother. Sabre moved closer, the ringing in his ears only slightly subsiding, but the rest of his body remained aching. His vision swam as he rushed closer, stopping only when his leg threatened to give out on him.

"Time.. Elemental, don't." he warned, his voice hoarse and throat dry. Elemental frowned, materializing a sword in one hand and using the other to grip the back of Time's long jacket. Time groaned weakly, only just barely able to remain on his feet when Elemental let go.

"Let this be a warning, Sabre." Elemental growled, spinning the sword.

"No- NO ELEMENTAL DON'T D- NO-" Sabre yelled, collapsing with a strangled cry as the sword pierced Time's chest. Time choked, blood splattering to the floor. He gazed at the sword in his chest for a second, grunting as it was torn out and he too collapsed. Sabre cried, ignoring the way his vision and he himself swayed as he crawled his way closer. His leg and arm both protested loudly, but not loud enough to overpower the crushing wave of worry and fear for Time.

He cradled Time's head, patting his cheek repeatedly.

"Come on, Time. It's not over, come on. You've been through worse, right? Come on," Sabre babbled as he cried, ignoring the way Time shook his head. The fallen steve raised a hand, gently cupping one of Sabre's cheeks, cutting off the brunette's desperate rambling.

"It- it's alright. You'll get through.. through this. Keep doing good, Sabre. I'm sorry.." Time muttered with an apologetic smile. His eyes dimmed and the ticking of his mask suddenly stopped, leaving only the sound of ringing and crackling fire.

Sabre shook the Steve lightly, muttering denial after denial to himself. He felt the warmth slowly leaving his now dead companion. The only constant warmth being the warmth of the blood still seeping out, and now into his clothes. The player froze for a second before cradling the Steve a little closer, placing an apologetic kiss to his partner's head before loosening his hold just slightly. He looked up at Elemental, a dark and angry aura surrounding him, one of immense pain and sorrow. Enough to rival a graveyard full of mourning Steves.

"You did this. I hope you can learn to live with the consequences that come with your mistake." he told the mentally lost steve coldly before focusing back on his friend with quiet sobs and begs for forgiveness.

It truly was the end of Time.

—————————————————————————

Ah, pain. Delicious. ☺️

Time: 36-43 mins or so
Words: 851 (I gotta make longer ones bruh 😔)