A Deal

Sorry for the sudden pause of chapters when I was pumping them out pretty frequently earlier lmaooo, ANYWAYS

HI, AGAIN :D This is a God!Sabre one, and I know he technically already is it's just WAAAAAYYYYYYYY on the down low, but for this he's somewhat open about it, and probably very out of character given that change 💃 but he's a god he can do practically what he wants so >:P SCREW IN CHARACTER HES ABOVE THE LAW!! 👹🔥🔥🔥

Anyways, hope you enjoy~
(This is also pretty hinted towards being a LightTimeBre situation but if it's not your cup of tea you can read it as platonic as well~ ig idk AUUU)

———————————————————————

Time Steve sighed, tugging a loopy Light Steve behind him as two colorless guards towed after them. He was lucky enough to get there in time. Light had overexerted himself and collapsed, and his guards were struggling with holding off the hoard of Darkness and protecting their captain at the same time. They finally reached the camp Light had his group set up a ways away from the kingdom. The Darkness had been getting frequent over here, according to one of the colorless guards.

One of the guards parted ways to talk and report to the three others training there. The other guard led Time Steve to Light's tent, leaving to give them some privacy after Time said he had it covered. He laid Light Steve on his sleeping bag, sitting at the captain's make-shift desk next to it with a sigh.

Lifting and turning his mask to the side, he rubbed the bridge of his nose, leaning forward and giving Light a small wave when the loopy steve waved happily at him. The captain's ears perked and his slightly foggy gaze shifted slightly behind Time. Said steve tensed as a presence leaned over his shoulder. He turned his head slightly to the side, jolting at the bandana wearing face framed by fluffy brown hair. The stranger turned their own head slightly to face him, smiling before leaning back.

"Who are you?" Time asked, standing and positioning himself between Light and the shorter.. Non-steve?

"Hello's are typically a good greeting to start with. But since you asked, my name is Sabre. As for you two, no need to introduce yourselves, I'm well aware of who you are."

Time frowned, glancing back at Light Steve, who was still distracted at the appearance of 'Sabre'. He sighed before turning back to the brunette, crossing his arms as he studied the newcomer. A large pair of fluffy white wings, tinted a deep black at the tips, sat proudly behind him, flicking every so often. Two pairs of smaller white wings twitched where ears would be, and a white feathered tail swayed slightly. His clothing was mostly white as well, a few shades of grey and dark to light greens here and there. His accessories and the accents of his clothes were mostly made of gold and gems.

"What exactly are you? You don't look like a Steve.." Time asked, tilting his head. Sabre grinned, leaning back and lifting his legs, floating.

"Very observant. As expected of you, Time Steve. You're correct, I am not. I am a player. A god."

He didn't say it cockily, more so 'matter of factly'. Either way, Time wasn't in the mood for nonsense.

"Yeahhh.. sure. What would a god like you be talking to us for?" he questioned, shuffling back to stand beside Light when he tugged Time's pant leg.

"Don't believe me?"

"No. And no offense, but quite honestly I think you're lying."

Sabre's eyes narrowed as he leaned forwards, still floating.

"Don't accuse me of fabrication, mortal." he said lowly, tilting his head. Time paused, looking at the wall as he felt himself flush slightly. He'd admit, that was a bit attractive. The loopy steve below him gripped Time Steve's pant leg harder, his pupils blowing a little wider as he continued staring at the 'god'.

"Look, I've only come to help. Mostly to warn you, I suppose," Sabre sighed. Time looked back, his own ear flicking curiously. He nodded, a silent gesture for Sabre to continue.

"Another hoard will be coming soon. A larger one. Much larger than the one these guys fought earlier."

Time looked down at the still out of it captain, sighing. Now that he was with them, he'd be able to help. But if Light had needed to overexert himself then the hoard was pretty hard to deal with. And if this next one was meant to be 'much larger' than the one Light and his two guards had already dealt with, they might be in trouble. The other three guards could of course help this time, and Time would be there to assist too, but now Light was out for the count, at least for now. But Sabre had said the hoard would be coming soon, and wasn't very specific with just how soon, so Light still might be out of it when it comes.

Sabre raised a brow at the mask wearing steve as he got lost in thought, most likely thinking of a plan. He slunk over to the other side of dazed steve, smiling down at him. Light's pupils blew wider as he gaped, his ears perking higher. Sabre laughed lightly, finally catching Time's attention. He reached a hand out, letting Light take it after a second of fumbling with control over his arm. A faint light shone from their hands, slowly moving down the captains arm and encompassing his body before fading.

Time frowned, crouching beside his friend as he asked, "What did you do to him?"

Sabre took his hand back, the question answering itself as Light Steve blinked rapidly. He rubbed his eyes with a groan, sitting up.

"Wh- what happened?"

"Hey, Light. You feeling alright? You overexerted yourself a good amount." Time smiled sympathetically, setting a hand on the steves back. Light nodded, looking at Time and then back to Sabre. His ears perked again as he looked between the two with a confused expression.

"Ah, right. Light, this is Sabre. He came to help. I think.."

Light frowned at the last bit but turned his attention back to Sabre, reaching out a hand.

"Nice to meet you. Sorry you had to see me so, uh, out of it."

Sabre nodded, shaking Light's hand as he smiled.

"It's alright. You need to be more aware for what I have to say next, so let's change the topic," the player grinned, helping Light Steve stand. He pulled his hand back, clapping once and taking a few steps back.

"Alright, so. I've already explained this to your friend, but I'll say it again. Another hoard is coming, one much larger than the one you and your two other guards, and I guess Time Steve, dealt with a bit ago-"

Light gaped, moving his hands around as he stuttered. Sabre held up a hand, tilting his head down slightly.

"BUT- that's why I'm here. You mostly, are needed for future plans. This hoard wasn't meant to be here, but something went wrong. If Time hadn't pulled you three out of there, I would have. Seeing as I have to help you mortals regardless, I'm hoping you'll do something for me in return out of.. respect."

Time and Light glanced at each other uncertainly before turning back to Sabre. Light nodded, the question silent.

"All I ask is that you don't mention my existence to anyone else. I suppose your guards here can know, seeing as I'm going to be helping later, but nobody else. Deal?" he hummed, holding out a hand, his wings raising and outstretching slightly, perhaps in warning. Light furrowed his brow, thinking about it for a second. He'd have to report the hoard to the leaders, and he didn't want to lie about what exactly went down, but if the hoard was as bad as the strange man was saying, maybe it was for the best.

With that, he nodded, shaking Sabre's hand. Time nodded, grabbing and shaking Sabre's hand as well. Sabre grinned, sharp canines on display, clasping his hands.

"Great. Can't wait to work with you."

—————————————————————————

One part of their interactions towards the beginning was a situation between me and a friend, but I'll let you guys guess ;3

Words: 1256
Time: 2ish hours