Ch 9: Red Eyes

Raven pov:

Charles kept a close eye on me for the majority of the day while I worked. He even let me go home early, he didn't say why he just thought I should take it. Not arguing with him I take the early leave and wave him off.

When I headed up to my car I waved the cops a goodnight as I left. Going out to my car I see David leaning against my car with a cold smile. Clicking my keys I unlock the car and try to get in but I'm stopped before I could. An inhumanly strong grip grabs my arm and has me spin around to face bright red eyes.

"I have your scent little girl… you keep getting away but I'm not gonna let you slip again." He growled lowly at me, making sure no one else could hear but me.

"Why not kill me now?" I felt my breathing start to rise, my fear getting the better of me.

"I could but that would spoil my fun. I wanna kill your friends first. Starting with the boy." He husked out, his voice sending terrified shivers down my spine.

While he spoke I kept my eyes away from him but when he said that last part I immediately looked up and found anger and hatred inside his red eyes. His teeth are sharp and his lips are pulled in a snarl to show them off.

"Take this as your final warning, girl." He let me go and backed up when another voice spoke up after him, one that I recognized.

"Is this guy bothering you Raven?" Jake's voice never sounded so good to hear. I looked at him and saw another tense look in his eyes, one of his hands on his holstered gun.

"I was just leaving." He backed off and walked away, giving me one last glance. I let out a strangled sigh when he was finally gone. I wanted to panic so bad but I held it together.

"You okay? I don't know what that guy's deal is." Jake asked me, his eyes looking to where the man last was.

"I-I'm fine, I just want to go home." I assured him, trying not to panic at the threat the wolf gave me.

"You want an escort? I don't mind, I have some free time." I would normally reject it but I could still feel his eyes on me, he's still watching me.

"Yeah, I'd like that if you wouldn't mind." He smiled and patted my shoulder. He went inside quickly to grab some keys to drive with me.

He got in an officer car and escorted me home, he even put the sirens on to ease my fear. When we got to my house he got out and opened my door for me, offering a kind smile. Jake really is a nice guy, even kinda cute.

"I wouldn't mind escorting you in the morning if you don't feel safe. Y'know, so you feel safe." He rubbed his neck and looked a little nervous. I laughed a little and waved him off, he was already nice enough to escort me home tonight.

"No need but thank you for the offer. I'll buy lunch as a proper thank you." He smiled and nodded, offering me a hug before I left.

I gave him one and waved him off when he left afterwards. Going inside I was met with a happy looking Ezra, her smile wide and welcoming like that of an excited puppy. Her expression changed when she smelled me, her brows furrowed and her nose scrunched up.

"You smell like Jake and that Alpha. What happened?" She looked serious now, her eyes hard and concerned.

"He visited me at work to claim his wife's dead body and to threaten me." I told her, remembering the bright red eyes that struck me with fear.