Ch 5: The Truth

Raven pov:

"So, are we gonna discuss the wolf in the room?" I asked her with a cheeky smile. She rolled her eyes and moved to the living room. Following her I grab myself a beer.

"What do you want to know?" She grumbled, sitting on one end of the couch.

"What's it like?" Grabbing a journal and voice recorder I set myself up to take down as much info as possible. 

"Being a werewolf? Not all bad, full moons are a bitch though." She shrugged and stretched out on the couch.

"How old are you actually?" She sat herself up, eyeing me with a wolfish smile.

"How old do I look?" She smirked and showed herself off, teasing me in ways she didn't understand.

"In your mid twenties now answer my question." I gently kick her shin and she smiles.

"Fine, fine. I just turned 600 this year." My eyes widen at the number, more and more questions filling my head.

"You've seen a lot then, haven't you?" Her eyes dilate for a second before widening. She nodded her head with a sour look on her face.

"Much more than I'd like." She scoffed. Sitting up straighter I focus back on my paper. I jot down every ounce of info she gave me.

"Do you have a pact?" I asked, hoping a change in subject would work.

"Nope. I'm a lone wolf. Not the smartest move but it works for me." She smiled to herself. That would mean that she doesn't know the wolf that's been attacking us.

"So you don't know the wolf hunting me?" She shook her head, sitting up straighter now. A more serious look in her eyes.

"I don't but I won't let him hurt you." She sounded so sure, her eyes cold and hard for a moment.

"Aw, you care."

"Only a little. It's mostly because he's on my territory." She waved me off. Stopping the voice recorder I set my journal aside as well.

"How many people know you're a dog?" I asked, taking a sip of my beer, waiting for her answer.

"Not many, possibly 3 in total, including you." Nodding my head I stare at her for a moment, curious to see what she'd look like as a wolf.

"Can I see it?" My imagination was running wild at what she would look like. She sat up immediately, eyeing me with a flustered look.

"Me turning into a wolf?" She sounded nervous. Nodding my head made her relax a little.

"That's kinda putting me on the spot." She mumbled, her eyes avoiding mine. She rubbed her neck and had some pink on her cheeks.

"It's okay if you don't want to."I tried to calm her down, not wishing for the girl to freak out all of the sudden.

"It's just sudden but I probably should've expected it if you're asking me questions." She scooted over and turned so she was facing me.

"Just dont freak out." I was raging with excitement, getting to see a werewolf transformation first hand.

"Close your eyes." Doing so quickly I hear some rustling before loud cracking and snapping sounded with a low growl.

"Open." A strangled voice spoke out. Snapping them open I stare at her, in awe of her appearance.