Ch 3: Cults

Raven pov:

"It's not going in, Charles."

"Oh, it's going in."

He launched his pencil into the air, watching it fly up and land in the cup. Throwing my hands up I watch him do a happy little dance at his victory.

Things have been slow so we had time to bond or do things like this. I'd have to pick up the kitten today along with searching on my blog about the weird books tonight. My friend Marty said he could decipher the books for me.

"Again! Best three out of five." I offer my hand for him to shake which he does without hesitation.

The door to our area opens up with Jake and Ezra? Why was she here? They saw us and walked over, Jake kept his hands on his belt with a warm smile. Ezra had a bag in her hand and a small smile.

"Hey guys? What are you doing here?" I ask, plopping myself into the seat by Charles. Jake smiled and motioned to the large woman beside him.

"Ezra wanted to bring you something so I escorted her down." Jake gave the vibe of a friendly cat, it was kinda cute.

"I brought you lunch." She hands over a basic brown bag with a weird face. It was like she was embarrassed but happy? I don't know, it's confusing.

"Aw thanks. You didn't have to." I waved her off, taking the bag from her happily. It was heavy and had the smell of BBQ coming from it.

"I made it myself. Thought you might like it… plus it's a thanks for the ride last night." Her cheeks were a little flushed but it vanished quickly. Charles excused himself and pulled a confused Jake along with him towards his office.

"That wasn't necessary. I told you it was fine."

"I insist." She had a firm look that I thought was cute, like a kid trying to get their way.

"Well okay. Oh, by the way, do you wanna pick up the kitten with me today? I'm off in about an hour." I offer to her, taking out the food and seeing the appeal. It looked amazing.

"Absolutely! if you don't mind." I nodded and dug Into a pulled pork sandwich she made. I melted at the taste, it tasted like heaven.

"Sounds great!" She smiles and leaves me to eat. Lunch has since passed but I loved food so I ate one of the items in the bag.

Charles comes back and Jake takes Ezra upstairs. He plops a seat beside me, taking a sandwich from the bag as well. I let him, knowing he eats far less than I do, better safe than sorry.

We eat and clean up, deciding to do some paperwork before we call it a day. I was engrossed in my work when Charles stood up, grabbing his things to leave.

"See you Monday Birdy." It was a little nickname he gave me considering my name. He also just really liked birds, had a book full of pictures the he took of them. He was an avid birdwatcher.

I spilled about my weird obsession and curiosities of the Supernatural and he spilled about his lovely hobby of Bird Watching and stargazing. He was like a cool older dad that had weird facts about things.

Grabbing my own things I pack up and head out, going upstairs and waving the cops a goodbye as I leave. Going outside I see Ezra leaning against my car, her eyes watching some people walk by.

"Sorry I made you wait." I apologized. She smiled but brushed it off, waiting for me to get in the car.

Getting in, I drove us to the clinic so we could pick up the little bundle. We sat in a more comfortable silence than before, mostly listening to the podcast playing. Parking the car we get out and head for the doors, Ezra opening them for me.