Ch 4: Wolves

Raven pov:

Ending my shift at work I wave Charles a goodnight and leave, waving the cops a goodnight as well. Driving home I greet Frank with hugs and kisses, holding him as I get ready.

I was meeting Ezra to win the bet. Dressing up a little nicer than normal I grab my things and head out. The drive back to town is short and full of nerves.

Parking where I had before I step out and look around for Ezra. A loud whistle from behind me drew my attention. Turning around I see her waving me over towards the bar she pointed out yesterday.

Going over I walk across the street and meet her a minute later. She looked good. Her hair was messy yet tame and kinda in her face. She had a brown leather jacket over a black tank top, and dark jeans with boots. I felt a little underdressed for some reason.

"I thought we're exploring the house?" I motioned to the mansion down the road. She smiles and nods, motioning to the bar behind her.

"We will but let's get a drink first." Her smile is confident, the sparkle in her eyes making me feel warm.

"Fine, but first rounds on you." She laughs and pulls me with her, going past the security easily. Getting in we find it decently packed with some people.

Getting a booth we ordered some drinks along with a couple of shots. She was nice enough to order food for the table as well, steak bites and a pizza. Seemed she had a pretty heavy appetite.

"Where'd you live before here?" She asked me, eating a piece of her steak bites.

"Arizona. Lots of stuff out there but it's mostly Aliens or Wendigos." I waved her off, I wasn't as into aliens as I was with supernatural creatures.

"Why here then?" 

"Lots of weird stuff happens here, I wanna see it all." I down a shot, feeling the burn hit the back of my throat.

"You're a strange girl." She smiles at me, downing one of her shots as well, unflinching.

"I think it makes me interesting." I smile. She smirks and nods her head. We keep ordering drinks and talking while we down them.

The night goes on as we get more and more fucked up, almost to the point of struggling to stand. Ezra almost got into a fight with a guy who was harassing me because I rejected him and his drink.

Leaving before cops could be called we lean our weight against each other, staggering towards the creepy house. We were full of giggles, trying to shush each other when we got closer to the building.

Going through the door we do our best to quietly move through the house, leaning against the walls for support. Getting to the weird living room area we looked around, touching items that were left behind.

"This stuff is so cool." I stumble over my words, the alcohol having its effect on me. Looking at Ezra I see her grabbing something from the shelf.

"Cool and drinkable." She popped the lid to a newer looking bottle, offering me a drink after her.

"Isn't that old?"

"Like a day old. Bought it yesterday." She smirked, still offering it to me. Taking it from her I take a hefty gulp, enjoying my night of drinking and mysteries.

"You're pretty fun to be around." I tell her, seeing a sparkle in her eyes. She sits herself on an old coffee table that sat close to the fireplace.