Ch 6: Getting Help

Raven pov:

I woke up excited for the day. I called out of work to go meet the person Ezra said that could help us. Going downstairs I found her doing her usual thing of eating cereal and standing in the living room while watching Tv.

I grabbed a quick breakfast and energy drink to get me through the morning. I was happy to see Ezra fully healed without any marks to show she hadn't gotten hurt in the first place. She seemed okay from last night's events of being nearly killed.

Both of us get dressed and ready to leave, the time nearing noon when we head out. I drove us in my car, almost speeding at how excited I was. Getting into town she gave me directions to the place where we could meet them.

Parking the car I step out and saw the library in all its glory. If I had known we were going here I would've returned my books, I read them all already. Even the ones in dwarvish.

"How long have you known them for?" I asked her, going through the door she held open.

"A century or so. Around the time I moved here I met her." She shrugged her shoulders and led the way, her eyes scoping the entire area. She sniffed the air and scrunched her nose a second later.

"She's over here." She pointed to an aisle of romance books. Following her I saw a woman sitting in a chair reading from one of them.

"Hey, I know you." I smiled and pointed at her. She lifted a brow and smirked at Ezra. Standing to her full height she came face to face with the wolf woman.

"Pleasure to see you as always, Mutt." Her voice was silky and British. Ezra let out a growl and didn't back away. Instead she puffed out her chest and stood toe to toe with her.

"Good to see you too, Mosquito." This made her frown and cast her gaze over to me. I was in awe of seeing a real life vampire. They're nothing like twilight.

She was tall, lean, with medium long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Her hair looked silky and she smelled of expensive perfume. She was rather handsome and beautiful when looking at her in a certain light.

"We meet again, I see." She moved over to me, offering her hand out to shake. Grabbing it, I watched her take my hand and lift it to her lips, pressing a soft kiss to my knuckles.

"You helped me pick out books. No way you're a vampire." Saying this made her falter and look at Ezra with a pissed expression.

"You told this human?" She grabbed Ezra by the throat and pinned her to the shelf. In an instant Ezra partially wolfed out, her teeth becoming sharp and her eyes turning bright yellow.

"Fuck off, she figured me out so don't worry." Throwing her hand off she let out a low growl to warn the woman.

"That doesn't mean you bring her to me. Dumb dog." The woman scoffed and pushed past Ezra to place her book back on the shelf.

"Call me a dumb dog again." Ezra's snarl bellowed from her chest, she looked seconds from shifting and killing her.

"Dumb… dog." The woman smirked when Ezra pulled her arm back to punch her. Getting between the two I stopped them from causing a scene.

"I'd love to see you two fight but not in front of everyone." I pushed Ezra back to keep her from attacking the vampire.

"You're weird." Ezra smiled at me, ignoring the blonde behind me entirely. I scratched her chin and that seemed to calm her down better.