Chapter 14: Mi amore wing

A/N: I just love writing Viggo and Thyra sibling interactions <3 I also love writing him as a villain, but writing him as a good brother just warms my heart every time! 

Thyra's POV

I grumpily sit down in one of the chairs and cross my arms.  Stupid Krogan! Stupid mission!

'What are you scowling about?'

Viggo randomly walks into my tent and raises his eyebrow. I ignore him, too mad to explain, and frankly, also a little suspicious of my last "mission" with the Dramillions. 

'Oh, I see. This is because Krogan told you not to go, isn't it?'

I open my mouth to protest, then realize he's spot on, and I look away again.

Viggo pulls another chair closer and takes place on it in front of me. 

'Well, I originally came here to dump this-'

He takes Nugget out of his pocket, who protests loudly upon waking up and being stripped from his warm snuggly place, and then gently places him in my hands. 

-' But it seems like I might stay a while.'

'Why?' I inquire. 

Viggo gives me a pointed look. 'For starters, there's no way that you won't try to follow Krogan and get yourself in trouble-' I glare at him, a tad offended, but he isn't wrong. '-Second, I haven't finished my story.'

'Story?'

'About our ancestors.' 

Ancestors...?

Ohhh...

My eyes widen. 'Oh, that's right! Krogan tried to kill us before you could finish back at the edge! What were you saying again?'

Viggo shakes his head with a sigh and then sits down on the chair at my desk. 'I was explaining to you that our tribe has used the Dragon eye for generations to protect ourselves. And then I was about to tell you about Thyra the first.'

I nod my head wisely, like I haven't completely forgotten most of his story already. 'Yes, of course. Thyra the first, my very much overlooked ancestor. Please continue.'

Viggo raises his brow and smirks, probably already realizing I have no clue what he told me and what he didn't tell me yet. I mean, if he'd start to repeat himself, I doubt I'd notice.

'Well, she was one of our best warriors back then. She was brilliant! She was the one who helped most creating the Dragon Eye, but of course, her father wanted to take all of the credit for it. Thyra the first actually created the Dragon Eye out of sheer curiosity and boredom, she had hoped to use it to learn more about dragons and spark other Viking's interest. But the Dragon Eye was used as a secret weapon instead.'

Viggo sends me a quick glance to see if I'm still paying attention to his story. I frown annoyed and urge him to go one, for once being interested. 'Surely she did something about it, right?'

Viggo shook his head. 'She did not. You see, she cared a lot about her people, and while she hadn't intended to use the Dragon Eye as a weapon, she continued to use so it after inheriting the title of Chief. She continued to add information to it, and continued to fight dragons off with the help of all the information she gathered around the world. 

This is how the Grimborn tribe became great. Though not many other Vikings know the story like this, most know it as Axel Grimborn building a mystic artefact to slay all dragons. Very little outside the Grimborn family know that his daughter was actually the one who came up with the idea and built the mechanism.'