Chapter 5: Wings of war (part 1 & 2)

I'm so super duper sorry for not updating. I totally didn't forget about it. LOL.

Anywayyyss, I hope people still enjoy this... and if you don't... well... that's okay, not everyone has good taste

XD

But seriously, I am sorry that I forgot to update, so I hope to make it up to you guys by posting a longer chapter now. If you read this while the story is already complete, feel free to just ignore this A/N :)

Have fun reading!

'Hoist it up!'

Hunters are shouting at each other and quickly run to the wheel to start spinning. The metal bell-like thing, the one Hiccup used to dive, gets pulled out of the volcano. 

I watch with crossed arms and a disapproving look as Viggo walks towards the bell. His hands are folded on his back, like usual. He's calm about this, way too calm if you ask me. The place gives me the creeps, and I'm not even the one who fell in.

I feel a shiver going down my spine and I resist the urge to turn around. The only person that can make me feel nervous with his mere presence is-

'So this is your answer to withstanding the heat?' Krogan closes the space between us, but I refuse to step away. He's practically shoulder-bumping me as he towers over me. I completely ignore him, or at least, I pretend to.

Viggo glares at Krogan for a moment, but then his neutral expression returns. 'I have found, Krogan, that it is important to draw inspiration from those who have bested you.' 

Krogan doesn't look too happy, but then again, when does he ever look happy?

'Hiccup's ingenuity, it's fascinating. The boy has invented things most could only dream of.' Viggo spread his arm to the diving bell, as if to demonstrate the ingenuity of the invention.

'Reverence? It's a dangerous emotion, Viggo.' 

Why is it that Krogan always sounds so threatening with everything he says? Did he practice that? This is the moment I'm fed up with it and I step towards Viggo, demonstrating that I'm on his side, not Krogan's.

'It's only dangerous if it clouds your judgment.'

Viggo nods and jumps down to stand beside me. 'She's right, besides, his little inventions have proven useful. They used this to successfully go deep into the Defenders of the Wing Volcano, and we shall use it here.'

Krogan raises his eyebrow and steps closer to the edge. 'And you're sure it's still down there?'

Viggo's eyes widen slightly, memories clouding them. His hand slowly covers the burned side of his face, and for a moment, it seems like he isn't going to answer at all. Then he lowers his hand. 'The Dragon Eye was designed to withstand all manner of heat, cold, and concussive blast. Besides, do you honestly believe I would return to such a Thor-forsaken place if I wasn't certain?'

He looks down in the volcano, then he gives Krogan a side glance. 'Haven't seen your Flyers in quite some time. Shouldn't they be preparing?' He asks innocently. I stifle my laugh as I see Krogan's annoyed expression. He quickly takes a calm mask again.

'Those are 12 of my most fearless and gifted warriors. I doubt they'll have much of an issue.'

I sigh. 'You shouldn't underestimate the Dragon Riders Krogan, they've been through a lot, their bond with dragons goes deeper than anything. They fly better than your flyers.'