Chapter 7: Snuffnut

'No.'

I stare at Snotlout with a dead-serious expression. 

'But Astrid won't-'

'Still not doing it.'

'Please Thyra, I need-'

'I refuse to let you use my swords as toothpicks.' I cross my arms and glare at Snotlout, who now cowers away a little.

Astrid laughs from a few meters away. She's still lying in the sun, but probably overheard our conversation.

'Fine!' Snotlout throws his hands in the air. 'I'll figure something else out then. But I I don't find anything on time, and if I need to do the twin's thrash then, I will be blaming you!'

'Oh Thor, I'm terrified.' I say sarcastically. Snotlout huffs and walks away. I hope the twins get to him and make him do the trash before he finds a "more important" activity.

I sigh and lie down beside Astrid.

'So, not that he's gone, what are we gonna do?'

'Hmmm, not sure. How about just relaxing and-'

'Wait, Astrid, relaxing? Did I hear that right?'

Astrid punches my shoulder and we both laugh. 'We can talk about strategy.'

I shake my head. 'Right, right, 'cause we wouldn't dare just relax.'

'Haha, very funny Thyra. No, we need to- oh boy.'

Astrid sighs. I sit up. She mounts Stormfly without another word and I quickly follow her. Why'd she leave so suddenly? 

'Hey, wait up!'

Astrid looks back at me with raised eyebrows. 'Why'd you suddenly leave?' 

She frowns. Then she smirks. 'You'll see.'

I do not like that answer...

We're all just chilling in the clubhouse, with the exception of the twins, when Snotlout stumbles in

We're all just chilling in the clubhouse, with the exception of the twins, when Snotlout stumbles in. He's covered in dirt and leaves. We all look up at his dramatic appearance. Did one of the Changewings get him? I realized they were migrating, so I wouldn't be surprised if Snotlout pissed one off and got himself in trouble.

'Do not ask, because I do not want to talk about it.' He then dramatically pants and waits for us to ask. No one asks him and we all return to what we were doing. Hiccup is busy writing something, Astrid and I are sharpening our weapons, Fishlegs also turns back to working on his saddle, and Toothless and Midnight lie down again.

Snotlout stares at us in shock. 'Huh? Do you have any idea what I've been through? This Changewing migration is going to be the death of me.'

'Then leave them alone.' I tell him without looking up from my swords. From the corner of my eyes, I see Fishlegs nodding. 'She's right, they won't do anything if you don't provoke them. They'll leave in a few days, then you won't have to worry about them anymore.'