Chapter 9: Sins of the past

I get woken up by one of the Hunters. The helmet prevents me from seeing the gender, but the hunter looks different from the others. The hunter, or huntress, has a darker color scheme with hints of blue and knives instead of bows and arrows. 

'Hey, it's time to go.'

'Oh, uhh, thanks... Who are you?'

I'm met with silence. The hunter silently moves towards the exit. Although I don't think they meant to be silent, it looks like it's automatic. 'Are you a ninja?' I blurt out. The hunter looks confused over their shoulder. 

'No? Why?'

'Uhhhh, he wondered.'

I point at the little chick, who is unfortunately for me very un-convincingly, soundly asleep.

The hunter smiles. 'Really. What's his name?'

I tried to distract myself from my embarrassment by saddling up Midnight, but get caught off guard by the question. I look back and smile sheepishly.

'I haven't decided yet.'

'Really?' the hunter taps their chin while thinking. 'I don't know why, but the only name I'm getting is "Nugget".' They then burst out laughing. 

I widen my eyes in surprise, then I also can't help but smile. 'You know what, that's a great name. I think I'm going with that. What's your name?'

The hunter smiles and strikes a pose. 'Call me... Teal Ninja of Wind!'

I smile. 'Alright then. Thank you very much for your suggestion, TealNinjaOfWind.'

The hunter smiles. 'No problem. But now we really got to go. The boss will get mad.'

I freeze when I think about Krogan getting mad. 'Yeah, let's hurry, see you around!'

Instead of going with Krogan, I convinced him I should go back to the edge to make sure they wouldn't get suspicious. He allowed me to go back after promising I'd be close to the Northern Markets this night and meet him there. I don't know what he's planning to do, but I already dislike it.

When I finally land at the Edge, I place Nugget in my hut. He chirps happily and snuggles into my backup pair of boots. I chuckle. I tell Midnight to catch up on some sleep, then I walk out to see what's going on. Turns out, not much.

Hiccup and Fishlegs are still not back. The twins sent Snotlout out to get chicken feed a while ago, and Astrid is just sparring against a dummy.

She asked me to spar, but I refused. I'm too tired. Since nothing is going on, I just go back to my hut and get some sleep.

 Since nothing is going on, I just go back to my hut and get some sleep

It's already night when Astrid barges into my hut. 'THYRA! I just got mail from Hiccup, Heather is in danger, and we need to go to the Northern Markets. LET'S GO!'