Chapter 10: In plain sight

A/N

Ahhhrrrg, finally! The chapter of betrayal is here! Be ready for it. I've literally been waiting to write this since I decided to make Thyra work with Krogan in order to keep everyone safe. I'm really gonna try my best for this, I hope you're going to like it as much as I do. 

Be ready, this is gonna be a loooooong chapter!

'Ah! This cannot be!' Johann looks at the... well, there's nothing, actually. It's just a blank map. there are some symbols at the sides, but the center is empty. 'Where is my King of Dragons?'

'Perhaps the stories were wrong. We should consider the possibility that no King of Dragons exists.' Krogan says. 

Idiot.

Viggo literally just told him that the lens he's holding is very unique and old, it obviously represented one of the dragon classes. All we have to do is find the other lenses that represent dragon classes, combine them, and tadaaaa, done.

'Can both of you seriously not see what is plainly in front of you?' Viggo sighs. 'Your King of Dragons is right here. Or at least he will be.' He points at the center of the, now still-empty, map.

'Care to elaborate?' Johann says, a tad snappy. 

I smirk and dramatically push him aside, taking the lens from the Dragon Eye. Time for some magic. 'These lenses represent the five dragon classes.' I smirk and hide the lens behind my hand, balancing it on my wrist. To Johan and Krogan, it must look like it disappeared. 'Alone, they mean nothing.' I then flick my hand and the lens rolls between my fingers. 'But together, they may reveal the answer you seek.'

Viggo sighs and shakes his head at my flair for drama. 

'I will dispatch my Dragon Flyers immediately. We will scour every island for these lenses.' Krogan makes some grand movements with his hands, as if to demonstrate just how far he will look.

'Efficient as always, Krogan.' Viggo says, looking pretty bored.

'You have a better idea?' They both walk closer to each other with scowls on their faces. I lean back. Are they going to fight? I hope Krogan strikes first, and then Viggo strikes back and then accidentally kills him. 

Wait, I don't need it to be an accident at all, actually. 

Johann suddenly stops their little quarrel by throwing daggers in front of them and into the wall behind them. Oh, he has good aim.

'Krogan, send your Flyers. I see no harm in a quick reconnaissance mission.' Krogan gets an evil smirk and slyly looks at Viggo. 

'And, Viggo, you suggest a different path?'

He smirks. 'A more prudent path.' Viggo looks over his shoulder at me. 'Do we not know a certain individual with an entire stockpile of lenses he's not presently using?'

I tense and move forward, standing tall instead of leaning against the table. Johann smirks evilly. I don't think I like this version of him very much.

'Yes. We do. And I believe there is a way to persuade our old friend Hiccup to deliver them to us straight away.' He also looks at me. 'And you're going to help me.'

You know what, I take it back. I don't just "don't like him very much". I'm pretty sure I despise him now. Oh Thor, please stand me by.