10. Stupid For You

Gryffindor finally had another quidditch game after what seemed like ages to James and Sirius, who both seemed to torture themselves at practices, the captain Frank was ruthless in training. Remus found it a little harsh, it was only quidditch, but what did he know?

Their game was against Hufflepuff, which were surprisingly fierce competition. Marlene, who James knew as friends with Lily and Sirius was on their team. Sirius and her smiled at each other from across the field. They were both beaters for their respective teams, maybe that's why they got on so well? James never talked to her much - never got the chance.

James looked into the Gryffindor section of the stands, quickly singling out his two non-quidditch friends and waving enthusiastically at them, getting a wave back from Peter with a large smile, and what seemed like an exaggerated eye roll from Remus.

The game started and James felt like they had a sort of unfair advantage somehow. Usually Hufflepuff was one of the harder teams to play against, and he knew that earlier in the season, Slytherin actually struggled against them, but this time they were messy and uncoordinated. Players ran into each other, fought, and quite literally dropped the quaffle numerous times. The only people that seemed to be actually playing were Marlene and the seeker, which, as James briefly looked up, he noticed the Gryffindor seeker had their eyes on the snitch already.

The game was over quite fast, 200 to 10, which was one hell of a loss for Hufflepuff. James didn't feel satisfied coming out of the game, but all his teammates were the opposite. Sirius was jumping up and down, already planning the party for later that day.

Remus rolled his eyes, but wrapped his arm around Sirius's shoulder, congratulating him and James. James could see the way Remus looked at Sirius, how he has for years. It was longing, and almost hurt at times. James could never get Remus to admit it, he flat out refused whenever James asked, even in private, and would sometimes just walk out when James tried to ask, so for years he just had to deal with it as his friend convinced himself that his crush would forever be one sided. James wished he could do something about it, but even if he was successful, Remus would hate him forever, so he stayed out of it, even when Remus secluded himself for days after Sirius got a new girlfriend. James wasn't sure if Sirius was bi or anything, they had never talked about it, but Sirius always gave James a feeling he liked guys. James just hoped that if he was gay, that it was just a coincidence he didn't tell his friends. James hoped they didn't come off as homophobic, any of them to anyone.

The rest of the day... confused James to say the least. He never thought much. He didn't have to. He was happy, he had been in love with Lily Evans practically since first year, he had amazing friends and arguably better parents, all who loved and cared about him.

When the party started, everything was great, the common room was crowded. Remus sat in a corner, book in hand, trying his best to stay out of the way after Sirius forced him to be there. James and Sirius went around, drinking, dancing, socializing as they usually did. Peter found himself in another corner with some girl somehow. Sirius cheering once he saw him.

"Oy mate, it seems like Lily is eyeing you." Sirius nudged James. James looked through the crowd to see her vibrant hair, and she was wearing the most beautiful dress he had ever seen, or maybe he just liked how she looked in it. Sirius patted his shoulder before pushing him towards Lily and ditching him.

"Hello James." She smiled, "nice playing out there," she complimented.

"Woah you're actually being nice to me? Who possessed you?" James got a punch in the arm for that comment.

"I'm allowed to be nice y'know." She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

The music blared into James's ears as Lily stared at him in a way he had never noticed before. Was that how he always looked at her?

They leaned closer to each other, almost as if they were magnets, Lily got closer, wrapping her arms around his neck, he smiled widely, finally getting the moment he waited years for and leaned in. It wasn't the fireworks shooting in his head kind of moment he always believed it would be, but her lips were soft, her hips fit in his hands nicely, and Sirius screaming in the background surprisingly didn't bother him. He pulled away and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

"You know how long I've waited to do that?" He asked rhetorically.

She just laughed and kissed him again, fully knowing everyone in the common room had their eyes on her and James. In some ways she loved it, the attention she got, but it was awkward. She wasn't like James, she didn't like to be the forefront of everyone's attention, she would rather be in the crowd giving her attention to someone else and that's who she had always been, watching James from afar while him and Sirius flaunted around. Even when James would profess his undying love to her, he was still the center of attention, but now it was different. She was involved.

"Lily, will you be my girlfriend?" James asked, trailing his hands to hers. She quickly nodded and James heard Sirius cheering somewhere behind him.

𝄽

Hopefully all my dumb Wattpad problems are fixed. I had to completely delete this entire fic and reupload it on a completely different thing, and this isn't the first time that's happened to me. Anyway how is everyone? School is stressful for me. my brit lit professor keeps changing due dates and availability of assignments so that me and my friends either turn them in late or cant find them at all. 

Anyway yippee school, isn't that fun?