3. Leave Me Alone

James wandered the halls alone. It wasn't often that he was seen alone, always accompanied by his three best friends, but this morning he felt a little off. He wasn't hungry during breakfast and as an excuse for alone time, told his friends he was headed to the bathroom.
As James was aimlessly wandering the corridor, he heard voices around the corner and stopped. He recognized these voices.

Lucius, Bellatrix, and Narcissa. All Slytherins, and it seemed like they were taunting someone. James listened from around the corner. The high pitched lilting tone of the crazed woman echoed the halls. "Come on little cousin, don't wanna play?"

"Leave me alone." Regulus mumbled. After that James heard a smack sound, he peeked around the corner to see Regulus on the floor, he had been thrown to the wall.

"Remember Reggie, there are consequences to your actions" Lucius said calmly before Bellatrix almost immediately echoed her next word,

"Crucio!" She laughed hysterically, watching Regulus squirm and groan on the ground.

James couldn't watch any longer. He pulled out his wand and immediately yelled "explliarmus!" Pointing it at Bellatrix, who's wand flew backwards out of her hand.

Regulus was gasping for air, tears streaming over his face.

"How the fuck do you guys get away with this in the middle of a hallway?" James asked before Lucius threw a curse at him. James threw up a protego before throwing a levicorpus back at Lucius. James usually used that spell to torment snivellus, but desperate times cause for desperate measures.

"Petrificus totalus!" Narcissa cast quietly from a corner she was hiding behind. James was barely able to dodge before more curses were thrown at him.

"Stupefy!" He threw at Narcissa, now he only had the crazy one to deal with.

"Locomotor mortis!" James threw at her quickly, luckily hitting her, locking her legs together. He ran over to Regulus, who was still laying on the ground, tears staining his porcelain white skin.

"Come on I'll help you up." James offered a hand to Regulus who scoffed and stood up on his own.

"I don't need your help." He spat, turning around and walking past James like nothing happened.

𝄽

"Regulus Black." A voice came from behind him. Regulus was stood facing his locker after a game against Hufflepuff, naturally Slytherin had won after Regulus caught the snitch. Hufflepuff never even stood a chance.

Regulus's whole body stiffened after hearing the voice. It was not a welcome voice in his presence, and he could feel himself becoming more angry by the moment. He turned his body around to see a cocky looking James Potter. Alone.

"Did Sirius send you to degrade me or something?" Regulus sneered, leaning against his locker. He needed to seem intimidating or something, Regulus wasn't sure what he was going for but it was to mask anything in front of his real feelings.

"No? Of course not, why would he?" James asks, "this isn't about Sirius, I just wanted to talk about your flying. You looked great out there and I've just never seen anyone out there that actually takes it seriously. But just the way you-"

"What the fuck are you doing here? You seriously believe you can make me think you're here to talk about my fucking *flying*? What does Sirius want from me that he would send his idiot lackey to do?" Regulus glared at James.

"He didn't send me, I just - I admire your flying techniques, you've always looked like a pro, even your first year on the team and I've never gotten a chance to talk to you, and I can't exactly do that around Sirius so..." James stopped talking when he noticed the way Regulus looked at him - like an absolute buffoon.