2. Hate Everyone

Regulus Black was always a closed off and angsty kid, the complete opposite of his brother, who opposed almost everything he was forced to do in the Black household. When Sirius started Hogwarts, Regulus was left alone in the Black house, forced to cope with all the attention on him constantly. With Sirius getting constantly in trouble, Regulus was able to hide things easier, but with his brother gone, it was harder, then once Regulus started Hogwarts, Sirius ran away to his new best friend's house, leaving Regulus permanently alone.

Ever since Sirius left him, he was always alone, and he hated his brother for it. Once Regulus started at Hogwarts, he was sorted into Slytherin, just like he was destined to be. He sat in the great hall with the rest of his relatives and housemates and people who would claim to be his friends, but only two people would even slightly fit that role.

Evan Rosier and Bartimus Crouch Junior were two of his roommates, and were the only two people in the Slytherin house he was willing to associate himself with, well at least the only people his parents would approve of. He had to be cautious of who he talked to at all times, who he was friends with, and even who he walked near in the hallways. There were eyes everywhere, watching his every move, ready to tell his parents his darkest secrets. There was Bellatrix, Lucius, even Severus, one wrong move, and a howler from his mother was bound to be sent.

Regulus kept people away from him by any means necessary. Some people described him as insensitive, others as heartless and rude. Nobody wanted to be around him, and he wanted it that way.

Regulus sat in the library, the marauders around the corner being too loud for his liking. No matter where he went, Sirius wasn't too far away, being the center of everyone's attention. Regulus hated it. He hates how Sirius was always like that. Always had to be the focal point. Back when they were close, Sirius would take all the backlash from their parents. Regulus was able to slip into the background, and even with Sirius gone, he somehow was the exact reason everything bad happened to him. All the expectations thrown on him. It was all Sirius's fault.

As Regulus peered around the corner, officially distracted from his homework, he made eye contact with none other than James Potter. Regulus hated Potter more than he hated Sirius. Potter was the sole reason why Regulus no longer had a brother, and in turn was the sole reason he was alone with all the pressure of being a Black family heir. All the torture from his cousins, all the pressure to join the death eaters, all the hatred pointed toward him for every mistake he made. It was all the fault of James fucking Potter.

Regulus could go on for hours about his hated for his stupid brother and his stupid friends, and today, he intended to act on it. He closed the book he was previously attempting to read and stood up.

Sirius smiled as he approached, "Reggie! Have you finally decided to speak to me after all this time?" Sirius asked, far too sarcastic. Sirius thought he was the funniest person ever. He wasn't. Not to Regulus.

"Don't call me that you traitor. I hate you. I hate you more than I hate-" He cut himself off as he looked at the group surrounding Sirius, wands in their sleeves, ready to pull them out on him. "Oh you guys distrust me so much you have your wands at the ready. I know you all have your gossip sessions about me. I hope he tells you all the juicy details about everything our family did. Fuck you Sirius." Regulus decided what he wanted to do. It could backfire on him, but he wanted closure or some sort of revenge, no matter how small. He thought of Walburga, her cruel glare. He thought of Bellatrix hysterically laughing as she crucio'd him in front of everyone. They mocked his pain.

"You are not my brother." Regulus spat, and slapped him. Sirius's friends all pulled out their wands, pointing them at regulus, all except James Potter. The hero in every story with a savior complex and an ego bigger than his head.