Boys

Next chapter is all Barty. This was just a filler, and frankly Idk what I'm doing. I wanted to get a chapter out this weekend because school is kicking my ass and Idk when I'll have time to write again because they're giving me a shit tone of stuff to do. What type of music do y'all listen too? Heres my Spotify down below. I want to get back into reading seeing as my depressive episodes have made that hard for me. Any recs? I've recently read 'Meet Me at the Lake' By Carly Fortune, 'Spare' By Prince Harry, and 'I'm Glad My Mom Died,' by Jennette McCurdy. All of them were so freaking good.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0ehysw5a3ApohwDS6EPt1F

"Rosier, move on over buddy." Barty Crouch shouted across the dining hall as he skipped over to the Slytherin table.

Evan and Hermione simply sat next to one another, enjoying their meals. Evan huffed and rolled his eyes making no progress to move out of the way. "Rosier, I haven't seen Leslie in a full 24 hours, I must say that is not fair, so scoot on over." Barty said, hands on his hips as he glared down at his friend.

"Just sit down, Crouch." Evan groaned with a mouth full of toast.

"No. Move."

"Barty." Hermione said, looking up at him.

Barty noticeably stiffened. Blood rushed to his face. "Mate?" Rabastan said, with a raised eyebrow, after a full minute passed.

"Huh?" Barty said, his head snapping to his copper haired friend, "oh. Sorry about that." He mumbled, sitting next to Regulus, who sat across from Hermione. "Good morning, Leslie. Morning Rab, Reg," Barty paused, "Rosier."

"Morning Crouch." Evan said, glaring at him. With confused expressions Hermione, Rabastan and Regulus looked between the two. Both boys were having an attendance glaring contest.

"Leslie, do you want to go to the library with me later?" Barty asked, his cheeks still stained red. Evans glare hardened, and Barty smirked as he threw him a glance, before sifting his eyes back to Hermione's.

"That sounds lovely Barty, I'd love to." Hermione said with a small smile. Barty turned with a smirk towards Evan.

Evans grip on his fork tightened, and his betrothed, Cersei Greengrass, put her hand on his shoulder. Which only seemed to make his muscles flex, before he stuffed some eggs into his mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" Cersei demanded, squeezing his arm.

Evan jerked it away, "don't squeeze me like that, Greengrass!" He snapped, harshly, before getting up roughly and storming out.

"Evan!" Cersei cried out before chasing after him.

The section of the Slytherin table that Evan sat at was quiet.

Awkward.

"Leslie." Regulus greeted with a smile as she sat down next to him in potions.

"Regulus." Hermione replied, setting her books down gently, "how has your morning been?"

"Fine, but it just got better." He said with a wink. Hermione was taken aback; he's never acted that way before. What is up with these boys?

"Sure, it has." Hermione said, rolling her eyes and laughing lightly.

"It has." He said, getting dead serious, "I've had a shit morning for the most part, but now I'm in my favorite class with you. And I tolerate you." He said with an impish smile and eye roll.

"Oh, what's happening?" She asked, glancing to see if Slughorn had arrived yet. He hadn't.

"Mother and father have just been overbearing lately, letter after letter. Annoying as hell but I won't bother you with that. And speaking of that, have you thought about it yet? Will you join my family for Yule?"

"Oh no!" Hermione whined, her face flushing from embarrassment. "I completely forgot about your offer; I haven't thought anything about it."

"Hey, it's fine." He said with a chuckle, "look, you can give me your answer the day before break if you want, but I'd really like for you to come."

"Ms. Gordon, Mr. Black, please pay attention." Slughorn scolded. When did he get here?

"Look at this!" Evie shouted. Hermione and Rabastan looked up at the lanky 11-year-old just in time to see her do a cartwheel. "Isn't that cool!" She shrieked, tightening the scrunchie around her hair.

"Amazing!" Rabastian beamed, clapping.

"Beautiful Eve!" Hermione said with a large smile. The two wizards looked like proud parents, watching their daughter. Evie went on to attempt, and failed to do multiple in a row, causing the two older teenagers to burst out laughing.

Evie got up off the ground and grunted before running towards them and throwing herself into Hermione's arms. "I hate you!" She shrieked jokingly.

"Oh, you hate me?" Hermione said with a mistivius smile that could rival that of Fred and Geroge's.

"Yes." Evie sternly said.

Hermione smirked over to Rabastian who was smiling quite fondly. "Oh, really?" She started to attack her with tickles. "NO!" Evie shrieked, thrashing around in Hermione's lap, laughing loud freely.

"STOP!!" Geneveive yelled, out of breath. So of course, Hermione did.

"Do you want me to stop?" She asked with full intention of ending the whole thing if that's what Eve wanted. Genevieve laid there catching her breath with a large smile on her face. "No." she panted out.

If on que Hermione smiled towards Rabastan before starting up her tickle fest again, this time Rab joining in.

"Evan." Hermione said, sitting next to him in Transfiguration.

"Leslie amour!" He greeted; a large smile plastered on his pale face. His eyes were red and swollen, he looked as though he had been crying.

"Are you alright?" She asked, timidly bringing her fingers up to trace the clear tear tracks on his face. Evans eyes widened and his face reddened some, breath hitching.

"Yes, I just don't feel great today, that's all." He said, jerking away. Hermione felt bad, she didn't mean to upset him.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, looking down at her book.

"Huh? No, no you've done nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."