The Order of the Pheonix

Hermione landed with a large thud in the headmaster's office. The impact shot a sear of pain through her body.

"Ow." She groaned, rubbing the back of her head.

"Ah Ms. Granger I see you made it then." Albus Dumbledore said. Hermione looked up and her eyes almost gauged out of her face. She knew she would see him of course, but it really hit her that she was truly in the 70s as she stared at the face of alive and younger Dumbledore.

Once the shock wore off Hermione said, "oh yes Sir. Oh, am I still on the floor let me get up."

Dumbledore smiled at her as Hermione struggled to stand up. She was dizzy and feeling weaker.

"Now Ms. Granger let's have a seat, shall we?"

"Yes of course."

Once the two wizards sat, Dumbledore in the large, cushioned seat, Hermione in the wooden guest seat. "Ms. Granger or should I say Ms. Gordon?"

"Hermione's fine, Sir."

"Good, good. Go ahead and call me Albus, we after all will be coworkers of a sorts." Hermione hummed and nodded slightly. "Hermione," he tested the waters of using the name, she raised her brown eyebrow, "later today there will be an Order meeting. I expect to see you in the entry hall at 5."

"Albus, so soon?"

"We can't waste any more time now, can we?" He asked gently. Hermione shook her head, she supposes not. "Now, you are playing the part of Leslie Gordon, daughter of disgraced Death Eater Lyall Gordon and Elizabeth Turman. Heiress to the Gordon and the Truman fortune. You are the only survivor of the August murdered. You're the younger sister too Lyall 23, Leonora 22, and Lilian 19, and older sister to Lennon, 10. You are the aunt to little Bowman, who would be about 1."

"There are currently many rumors of Leslie Gordon still being alive, as her body was never recovered from the murder site. While we don't know what happened to her body, it seems she is dead."

Hermione cleared her throat a little, "Albus, I feel a little dirty doing this."

"That is a very understandable thing, Hermione, but it is something that needs to be done." Albus said with a twinkle in his blue eye, "You may go now Hermione, I understand you will need your rest."

"Of course, sir, where will I be staying?"

"I'm well aware that you know where the Room of Requirements is." Hermione nodded, "have a good night Leslie.

5 o'clock rolled around quickly. Hermione, dressed in a maroon jumper and dark blue corduroys, walked down the endless number of stairs until she reached the entrance hall.

There stood Dumbledor in his silvery robes and half-moon glasses, talking to.... McGonagall.

"Ahh Ms. Gordon, nice of you to join us." He said as soon as he spotted her. Hermione was taken aback for a moment. Gordon? Oh right. She was Gordon.

"Is this her, Albus?" The transfiguration teacher asked, examining her, "she favours Elizabeth."

"She does, she does, same hair and nose."

"Hello, you must be Professor McGonagall? Headmaster Dumbledore has told me a lot about you, Ma'am." Hermione said, giving her a large, genuine smile. McGonagall looked the same, abide just 19 years younger.

"Oh, he has?" Hermione could have sworn she saw her ex? Future? Mentor blush, interesting.

"Yes, he called you one of the most brilliant women he's ever had the pleasure to meet."