Regulus, Barty, Rabastan and Evan

Regulus Black spent the summer between his 6th and 7th year moping around his room. He was no longer allowed to write to any friends because of an incident with a smoke bomb and Barty.

He was no longer allowed to go to anyone's homes, or go to any teas with his mother. He wasn't even allowed to go to his cousin Cissy's birthday. Why?

Well simply put, his mother didn't allow it. He wasn't sure as to why, though he had an inkling. The only people he has been allowed to see have been Cersei Greengrass, and Jeyne Sawlyn.

Betrothals. His mother wanted him engaged willingly to one of the two by this time next year.

That however was not going to happen. No. He had no interest in Cersei's babbling about dramas that didn't have anything to do with her. Or Jeynes constant remarks about Cersei. He couldn't stand the two faceyness of it.

Women were not on his radar. That was more of Sirius's thing. Well not as of lately, he hasn't heard of any bint getting themselves wrapped up with his arrogant older brother. Quite the opposite, he saw him shrug off a few. Marriage very much was not something he was looking forward to.

It however was something he had to do. He also had to have a Heir, a Spare and maybe even a marriage pawn of his own. Normal people would call that two sons and a daughter. No, not his family.

His mother has never referred to him or Sirius as a son. Only the Heir, the Spare, and then the disgrace and Heir. God he hated it.

Currently in Number 12, Grimmauld Place, Regulus paced his room. Why? He did not know.

It was just another year at school. Nothing to stress over.

Lies.

Even though the marauders where no longer at school to torment him, he knew he'd still be fucked over.

That's the only thing he was good at. Getting fucked over.

He scratched furiously at the Christmas gift his dear family and fathers friend gave him. A lovely tattoo that burned when he was summoned.

He didn't want it.

That was a lie.

He did want it.

No.

That's a lie.

He didn't want it. He was told this was something he was going to want. Told by his own Cousin and mother and father that this was what he wanted.

And he believed them.

How could he be so stupid?

Watching innocent muggles get torchured made him sick.

To hear the screams as those poor people were repeatedly hit with the cruciatus curse.

They weren't people.

That's what his mother had told him.

And he had believed her.

God how could he be so stupid.

It's too late now.

He had nowhere else to go.

He couldn't just apparate to The Potters like his brother did the Yule of his 6th year. They never would have accepted him. They wouldn't have sent him back either he supposed. But James and Sirius would never have let him live it down.

When he arrived back at school after getting his mark, Sirius pulled him into the broom closet.

"Is it true?" He had hissed in his face. Spit particles and warm breath hitting Regulus in the face.