Beth

Hermione paced in front of Dumbledore's desk, the man had yet to arrive. "Fuck," she kept mummbling to herself, "fuck." This was not supposed to happen. He said EVERYONE was dead.

She wants to meet for tea. What is it supposed to do? Take polyjuice potion, with the ashes of the very much Dead Leslie Gordon in it? Was she supposed to pray before she went? Kill Elladora Maria Truman? Kill herself even?

Dumbldore waltzed into the office, no worries written on his face. There was no smile either. He looked stoic. Oh God. She knew it. The plan went wrong.

"Ms. Granger."

Granger, ah it was good to hear it.

"Albus."

"It's professor to you, Ms. Gordon." What-uh ok.

"Sorry Professor." Hermione said, taking a seat, as Dumbledore lowered himself into his own chair with a groan.

"Slytherin?" He asked with a white eyebrow raising.

"Yeah?" She asked, confused.

"Interesting. Didn't you say you were a muggleborn?"

"Hermione Granger is, yes Sir. But Leslie Gordon is not. Leslie is a girl from a very interesting family, with a dark history, it's fitting."

"Yes, yes, I suppose it is. But don't you think that draws the wrong kind of attention to yourself?"

"Sir? I'm playing the part of a 17 year old girl that somehow lived through the massacre of her family, I feel like the attention I'm going to get would be mixed regardless no? It's not easy being the Anastaisa Romanova of this all. Well I guess more of the Anna Anderson, seeing as she lied about being Anastasia-well yes you know."

Dumbledore chuckled, "lemon drop?" He said moving a porcelain bowl of them closer to her.

"No thank you sir."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Sir." He was suspicious of her now. She could tell. Oh come on Dumbledore, be better than that. Hermione wanted to scold.

"Well alright, I heard Leslie has received a letter from her mothers sister." He said plopping a lemon drop in his mouth.

"Yes, that is right, Sir, I'm sorta freaking out over it." Hermione said, drumming her fingers on the desk.

"No need to worry, Ms. Granger. All has been taken care of."

Ok, that's weird, "Sir?"

"You will have tea with your Aunt during Hogmead, which is in 3 weeks. During that time I would like you to read these," he slid over a box full of Diarys, "these belonged to Leslie, Elizabeth, Lyall and I do believe there is one from Lilana as well."

Hermione picked out a pink flower covered diary, and opened the front cover;

'Leslie Victoria Gordon, age 9, Diary name: Kitty.' The cover read. The handwriting was nice, but childlike and messy. There were drawings, and lists.

She leaned over to pick another one, this one a deep red leather bound one;

'L.V.G, age 17, Diary name: Beth.'

'1st, January, 1978,

Beth,

I hope I can confide in you, in a way that I am unable to confine myself to anyone. Life is so very lonely, and I long to leave the house. Father says I can't, things he says are getting too dangerous. I'm filled with hot envy every time Harry or Lil leave the house. It's just not fair!

Father is so paranoid! Even mother is getting upset with him. No long will he allow Lennon and myself to go out in the garden. We must stay inside at all times! I just don't understand!

I long for my 18th birthday, it's going to be a long 9 months. Oh Beth I just can't wait.

-Leslie Victoria'

Hermione flipped to the last written page,

'13, August, 1978,

Beth,

Father is extra paranoid today. He's pacing the house. He has all of us who have wands of course, keep them drawn at ready all day. I just don't understand.

He had Stephan and Lenora come over as well. He told them to leave Bowie at home, but Lenora couldn't do that. Mrs. Roseir wouldn't take him. Father threw a fit when they brought the baby.

Bethy, I'm so scared. I'll write to you more before bed.

-Leslie Victoria,'

'Beth, there's banging down stairs!'

There was blood on the page. And the page had dirt on it, and what seemed to be a footprint.

Hermione's skin prickled. Oh poor Leslie, Hermione just wanted to scream. This wasn't fair!

"Ms. Granger, are you all right?" Dumbdores voice was soft and showed some empathy.

"Yes, I'm alright sir. Is there anything you want to talk about?" Hermione asked, closing the diary.

"I know you can get me the diadem, get it for me please." He said. Hermione was taken aback by the way he said it. It was almost cold and rough.

"Of course Sir. I don't think we should destroy them until we have all of them. He'll know and change hiding them if we start before we have them all." Hermione said.

"Of course. You may go now Ms. Granger. There's another meeting on the 8th. Meet me here after dinner."