Mum

Hermione and Barty sat in comfortable silence, under the tree by the Black lake. Hermione with her copy of 'Dorian Gray," open, and Barty with his Potions essay on his lap. "Am I interrupting a date?" Rabastan said plopping down next to Hermione, "hey Les." He said, shooting her a charming smile.

"Hello Rabastan." Hermione said, glancing up from her book.

"Saym Les, Reg and I are going to the pitch tonight, want to come watch?"

"What about me?"

"No."

"Sure, I'd love to." Hermione said with a smile.

"Rab can I go?"

"No. You've hung out with her everyday, she needs space."

"You're controlling." Barty said before pouting.

'1st, August, 1965,

Lyall took it too far with Harry. He's just a poor boy. I need to leave. How do I leave?

-Eliza'

'3rd, October, 1977,

Lyall hasn't been home. He's instructing me to keep a closer eye on the children. Lennon begs to be allowed outside during the day, but Lyall punishes us when we disobey. I just wished my baby would understand.

-Eliza'

Hermione hated Lyall Gordon. She was glad he died.

That was horrible. She didn't care.

'5th, June, 1978,
Sometimes I think Mum doesn't like me very much. She's always scolding me, yelling at me, criticizing everything I do. I just want to leave the house.

-L.V.C'

'8th, June, 1978,

Mum and I got into a huge fight. She won't talk to me anymore. God she's so childlike!

'Leslie Victorica.'

Hermione and Evie walked hand and hand down to the Quidditch pitch. Regulus and Rabastan were already in the air when they arrived.

"Look at them!" Evie gawked, looking up at the two Slytherins with large eyes.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Hermione asked, looking down at the Gryffindor.

Evie signed, "I want to do that." Hermione smiled, she could see it now, Evie chasing around the Stitch.

"Have you started your flying lessons yet?"

"No. Can you teach me?" Evie asked, turning her gaze to focus on Hermione's face.

"I can possibly talk one of the boys into doing it." Hermione said, hands turning clammy, the idea of flying caused her body to go into fight or flight mode.

"I want you to teach me though."

"Evie, I can't. I don't really know how to fly, and I'm scared of heights." Evie pouted. "I'm really sorry Evie."

"No, it's ok. I'd like Barty to teach me then. He's so silly." She giggled.

"I'll see what I can do." Hermione watched as Regulus swooped down towards the ground at inhuman speed. Evie gasped in horror. Hermione gasped as well, as he turned the front of his broom up, shooting him towards the sky. "Wow."

"That. Was. Wicked."

"Leslie!" Rabastan yelled from his broom, "you showed up! And you brought Eve." A large smile was plastered on his face.
"Of course."

"Hi Rabby."

"Evie, how has your day been?" Regulus asked, hovering his broom not far from the duo.

"Real good, I earned Gryffindor 15 points from Slughorn." She boasted proudly.

"Whoah, that's amazing." Regulus said with a loving smile as he looked at her.

"I know, I'm pretty amazing." Barty's voice boomed through. Evan and Barty were walking up the group.

"That you are Barty, that you are." Hermione said, "Alright Bart, will you teach my little friend here how to fly a broom?" Hermione said, placing a loving hand down on Evies shoulder.

Barty glanced down down at her, and then back up to Hermione's face, "sure, just don't bite my shins."

"What?" Evie asked, with a laugh.

"You're like 3 feet, don't go biting my shins."

"I will bite whoever's shins I wanna."

"Evil."

'12th, August 1978,

Something is going to happen. God, father refuses to allow us to evacuate, even if it's for nothing. I don't know what to do. I don't want to die.

-Lil.'